Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 11:05:45 AM EDT
wanna get a dunk tank so the kids can go for a swim. any suggestions on what kind of solvent to use would be great.

a friend mentioned "Kroil", anybody heard of that?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Kroil is a penetrant and can be used t loosen up the fouling; kroil and JB bore paste was an old favorite of the bench rest crowd.  I'd call C&S (Cylinder & Slide) and check out one of their "dunk-its"; it's a solvent and lubricant that works very well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
i have mine filled with a mineral spirits/transmission fluid combo. Cuts the crap VERY well. Just make sure you remove the pastic first. it ate the hadguards on my L1A1. My ar furniture has done fine so far.

mike
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I will also vouch for the mineral spirits doing a very good job removing grit and built up oil. I have a small tub and a paint brush that I use to clean all of my metal. Works really well on auto loader handguns (especially rimfires). I will also mention that the mineral spirits leaves a temporary white discoloration on plastic that is easy to fix with a little rubbed in oil. Just be damn careful with mineral spirits around ignition sources. This stuff is an explosive accellerant that will kill you.

Karl
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
"Best Damn Solvent" if you can find it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top