Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 10:37:45 AM EDT
I have a chance to purchase a Olympic Arms AR15 Serial # AA1375 that was purchased as it is several months before the Brady bill went into effect 6 or 7 years ago at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show from a regular dealer. It's Chambered for .45 ACP, 15 inch Floating Tube barrel, 17 round quick release clip, 2 spare .45 uzi clips (need minor modifications to adapt), Sightron Red Dot Scope, Collapsible Stock, Folding Bipod, and Hard Case.
Started to research the gun sites and found this one. I know that the people that participate in forums usually are very knowledgeable and helpful. Thought I would give it a try.
The guy thinks it is worth 2000.00 I don’t know. Can anyone help? Thanks, Domilina Gone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to AR15.com - the FINEST board in all of gundom !!

I don't have a clue as to what a preban Olympic chambered in .45 is worth.  [b]Any time someone mentions "need minor modifications to adapt" I RUN !![/b]  Those things you call "clips" - I suspect those are magazines as we haven't used clips much since the Garand.

$2000 for this deal ??  Not from me but others may have different ideas.  If this is your first AR type weapon you might consider something a little more mainstream like a .223 or 5.56.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
D,

It isn't worth 2k.  I have been playing with a Oly 45 cal for awhile.  It is fun, but I certainly wouldn't go 2k fun. I think the dealer will find that this rifle is going to sit on a shelf for a long time at that price.  It is an expensive rifle to shoot unless you are getting your 45 ammo free.  A regular AR15 in .223/ 5.56 is much cheaper to buy, much easier to get parts for, and much cheaper to shoot.

I bought my preban Oly AR15 last year for $750, and it had only been fired at the factory.  I've built a few postban Oly AR15s for about $500 each.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Never thought about buying one until this one was offered to me, appreciate your advise. Domalina Gone
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top