Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 1:29:12 PM EDT
"Simply install this small hi-tech composite "D" ring and increase the force of the extractor spring by Four Times!"

Has anyone ever used one of these?  Do they work ok?  I'm thinking of getting one to have a little better grip upon extraction.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up in the last week, and it has helped eliminate my extraction problems on my carbine.  Basically, my carbine seemed to only prefer 2 or 3 of my magazines, and would jam on the others, despite green followers/springs or using good 20rd mags.

Shop around, however, because I've seen them as much as $10.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a #60 O-ring instead.  Works just fine for me.  Cost about $0.29 at Sears.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a D-Fender about three weeks ago.

Works great so far.I shot 500 rds last weekend.No problems and it seems to really throw the brass out away afrom me.

My .02

Jm03
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I say skip all the rubber o-rings and doohickeys's and just get the Wolff Extra Power extractor springs![;)]

[img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/C9/C4/19917513-67c9-02000180-B.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I say skip all the plastic o-rings and doohickeys's and just get the Wolff Extra Power extractor springs![;)]

[url]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/C9/C4/19917513-67c9-02000180-B.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Roger, Roger, Roger[:D]

Colt didn't use a D Fender when they wanted to increase the extraction power of the rifle; they stiffened the spring, and that's what works best over the long haul.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I say skip all the rubber o-rings and doohickeys's and just get the Wolff Extra Power extractor springs![;)]

[url]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/C9/C4/19917513-67c9-02000180-B.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Ditto.  I purchased a 10 pack from AlsCustom for $19.95.  All my ARs have them now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I just used a bit of thickish clear plastic tubing, took a sliver, and stuck it in...it worked really well (although instead of ejecting straight out, it likes to fling it almost backwards now...probably too much force. Better than it just not extracting at all though.)

I need to rip it out and replace it with one of the stupid little o-rings I have laying around from when I was big into R/C cars.

Wish I still had my original Team AE RC-10..ah well. At least I can use the o-rings!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I never had extraction problems to begin with, but I bought a D-Fender, installed it, and didn't experience any problems with it. That being said, I decided to take it to the next level and bought a dozen Wolf extra power extraction springs, BLACK inserts, and Les Baer hard chromed extractors. Still no problems. This whole modification thing is a sickness. Maybe if I keep changing things, I can make my rifle malfunction so I have something real to fix.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Don't forget, the BLACK inserts are no different from the BLUE ones.  The color is just for ID purposes.

BTW, those chromed extractors sound cool.  I'll have to check them out...  Man, your sickness is contagious![:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top