Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 6:16:44 AM EDT
I had a blast at the range yesterday firing my new Bushy, which is my first AR-15.  I put about 100 rounds through it with no problems!  I bought it at the gun show at Valley Forge, PA last weekend.  I paid a little more for it, but I guess that's the price of instant gradification.  I bought a carbine with the M4 barrel (no muzzle break) and the A3 removeable handle.  

I had a little trouble seeing the target at 50 yards so maybe a scope is in my future.  I zeroed in using the "improved battlesight zero" from the Maryland AR15 site and that worked out OK.  Any suggestions on optics and also what ammo to get and where to get it?   Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#1]
100 rounds, you just about wore the thing down the first day!  I'd invest in a new barrel before you do anything, those confounded things can only take 200-300 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
100 rounds, you just about wore the thing down the first day!  I'd invest in a new barrel before you do anything, those confounded things can only take 200-300 rounds.
View Quote

What the HELL are you talking about???

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe an AK-47.net memeber...

Honestly though, no idea what crazy up there is talking about.

I remember shooting my first AR-15...  Congrats!  Yeah, EOtech or Holosight or maybe a scope, depends on the role of the rifle!  M4 usually CQB, but enjoy it none-the-less.

=)
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushy says just shoot the heck out of it, shooting like 200 rounds to break the barrel in before cleaning it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What the HELL are you talking about???

View Quote

Oh, he's being quite serious.. Bushy barrels just can't handle more than a couple hundred rounds. Once you get a replacement for it I'll reluctantly assist you in getting rid of it. My address is.....

[:D]

Love my Bushy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey posterchild when you were kidnapped by aliens what type of brain manipulations did they perform on you? Can you remember anything?

Somebody please pay for his education, or at minimum teach him how to read.[newbie]

Do you honestly think the US military changes there barrels every 300 rounds. I don't know you may be right, Was your military occupation Barrel Replacement engineer? Right there swaping them out on the front lines.

Man I eat through 300 rounds almost every sitting and that's nothing compared to these guys. I truthfully hope you were joking, But somebody had to be blunt about this.

PS. It's almost as bad as the idiot who was claiming he had a 30 rounder for his Colt 1911 and a .308 was 7.62 X 59.......Some people.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]
yoyo

congrats on the new gun have fun and becareful
On the scope I just bought a Millett 4-16x56 30mm target and i love it .it cost me under $200. if you are looking for something like that or in that range.

http://www.millettsights.com

vinniedablade
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top