Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 2:24:42 AM EDT
I was changing my stock grip to a fobus G27 grip when a spring popped out. I have tried several times to replace the spring but my selector switch does not work properly now. I must be missing something. Any help would be great. Thanks, Mike
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The spring that popped out holds a pointy piece of metal called a detent up against the selector switch.

If the detent fell out, you will need to find or replace it. Happened to me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's an essential arms or some other older lower, just forget about it.  The detents are completely proprietary.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the safety locked up or loose?

Loose = no detent

Tight = Make sure the bottom of the screw does not hit the safety. I had problems there one day. screw was too long for the aftermarket grip but worked fine with the a2 grip???? Also spring may be too tight and you may may to shorten it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:21:16 AM EDT
[#4]
My Gun is a Colt Mt6700 postban. The selector switch is loose. I'll look for the pin. I only knew the spring came out because it hit me in the leg lol. Hopefully I can find it. Thanks for everybodys help.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:07:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Victory, thanks for your help everyone.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top