Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 9:49:49 PM EDT
My old Oly shorty is off to John Norrell arms
to be refinished in his SOCOM black,  anyone seen An AR done in this finish or have some good pics to post? According to his site it should be as close as I can get to a mil spec finish. Cant wait to get it back. His work comes highly recommended, just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback.. John
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It will look nice but will wear just like the original anodizing did. Will clean up nice, eventually will loose some gloss and kind of look dull. But MolyKote goes on so thin you can do a touch up overspray without feathering the edges of the worn finish area.

It's the best/easiest/toughest at home finish available.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! David, I got a really good deal on this AR from a SWAT Officer in Kansas. He sold it as his Dept now uses Colt smgs and they are no longer allowed to use personal weapons. Now I have my preban so I can build the SBR I was emailing you about. Thanks for all of the advice by the way, after this one is done I think Itll be Full Auto time for me.. John
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top