Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 6:02:57 AM EDT
Hi, I'm Kory.

I have been checking out this board for about a month, and decided to join in on the fun.  I have been collecting guns off and on for about 7 years, and never thought I would get an AR (I am in the Military, and shoot theirs all the time).  Anyway, I got the "itch" to have one about 4 months ago, so in March I picked it up.  It is a pre-ban Oly Arms (I noticed a lot of people are anti oly, thats cool, I like mine), A2 style with a Wilson H-Bar barrel.  I have put roughly 100 rounds through it a week, since I got it.  I love to shoot, and having MY own AR is so much better than using the military's.

So I just like to shoot, I probably will never get into the "my guns are better than your guns" conversations, but I think a little competition is a good thing.  Just wanted to introduce myself.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Hola. [wave]

Now it's time to start planning your next one!

I bought my first in Jan. and am planning of building about 3 more.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Wecome to the madness. Just because our guns are better than your , does't mean your not welcome here. Hehe.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome, make sure you pay a visit to the AK side and broaden your new addiction [size=1](join the dark side)[/size=1]. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome Kory!

I've owned 2 preban Olys and both were superb rifles.  I must warn you, however, that owning ARs is a disease.  Like potato chips, one is never enough. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Actualy, I have my eye set on a new pistol to be purchased soon, but I was planning on getting an AK before the end of the year.  So I will probably stop at the AK side of the house too!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello and Welcome....
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome Aboard, Kory.

[wave]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Welcome to the "family".  [beer]  

I wouldn't worry about what people think of Oly's. All the major brands are pretty good. I have a friend with a preban Oly and he has never had any problems with it. How does yours compare to the military rifles?

Eric
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome. The adiction should be growing in you. I remember when I had only one AR and a single 10rnd. mag. I seem to recall having a lot more money then too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the board!

Want a root beer? or maybe a cool, refreshing cream soda?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Holeshot-  My Oly handles great, the biggest difference (besides the fact that the Army uses M4's now, and has 3 round burst) is that my Oly is very tight.  The military carbines/rifles  I have carried are used and abused, so now they are loose and rattle.  But my M4 in Korea had a C-Cos scope (red dot scope) and four rails for handguards, it was cool!

killingmachine123-  I have many, many 30 rd mags, and just loaded a ton of ammo.  Loading your own ammo is so much cheaper.  I will have to get my own press soon, and stop using my friends.

Zardoz-  Thanks, but, what are you talking about (soda??????????????)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't mind me; I'm nuts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#13]
soda?  i think you mean coke.  damn yankees............[;D]

but it doesnt matter, a celebratory beer is in order anyway, welcome
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Hi
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Greetings,

I am new here too.  I just got my second, an Oly to go beside my Armalite.  I am already planning my third acquisition...... :D
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Holeshot-  My Oly handles great, the biggest difference (besides the fact that the Army uses M4's now, and has 3 round burst) is that my Oly is very tight.  The military carbines/rifles  I have carried are used and abused, so now they are loose and rattle.  But my M4 in Korea had a C-Cos scope (red dot scope) and four rails for handguards, it was cool!
View Quote

Yeah, I had heard that they were pretty loose and well used. It sounds like your M4 was pretty nice. Are they issuing everyone in the Army M4's now? They haven't totally given up on the 20" A2's have they?

Eric
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome [newbie]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome aboard bro..
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Greets!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Minnesota?  A refugee from C&R* State!  You poor smuck.  It’s too bad when your last Gov was in place he did do anything to improve that.

That being said, Be Very, Very Glad you’re not a Left Coastie.

And welcome to the party!
*If I'm in error, excuse me.  I've had a bad day.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to the board Kory! [wave]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to the Board, Kory.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Kory, I have never heard of an Oly that would not shoot. It's the best deal for the money.
Colts are way overpriced for what they deliver; Bushmaster and RRA are great too.
No one has ever posted specs on the metallurgical strenth differences between a cast and a forged reciver, so that is also a moot point too.
You have an excellent rifle at a bargain price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
soda?  i think you mean coke.  damn yankees............[;D]
View Quote

I thought it was "pop" down south?  [:P]  

At least that is what my wife said they called it in AZ.

Eric
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#26]
hell no, down here at least, everything is coke.  if its a sprite, its a coke, if its a dr. pepper, its a coke, and just in case you were curious, if its a coke, its also a coke!!!!

"you want a coke?"
"sure."
"what kind?"
"root beer"

gotta love it [:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Welcome aboard, Kory.  Happy shootin'!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
hell no, down here at least, everything is coke.  if its a sprite, its a coke, if its a dr. pepper, its a coke, and just in case you were curious, if its a coke, its also a coke!!!!

"you want a coke?"
"sure."
"what kind?"
"root beer"

gotta love it [:D]
View Quote

Well...  My wife set me straight (again![:P]). She says that Texas is south, and Arizona is "the west." And , in "the west" they say "pop". And ,like you said, everything in Texas is "coke".
Sorry for the confusion (mine). I thought she was gonna throw a rod! I think she was a little surprised that you let me off so easy. She says that as far as Texas is concerned "the south" ends there. The rest is west.  [:D]

Eric
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Welcome to the board!

'Tis a great place: you're really going to like it here!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey, Kory!  You'll find that the guys on this site are more than helpful if you have any questions about your AR, sights, accessories, etc.  I have saved a lot of money and grief by learning from their experiences.  Don't hesitate to ask about something if you have a question.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
But my M4 in Korea had a C-Cos scope (red dot scope) and four rails for handguards, it was cool!
View Quote

Where and when were you stationed in Korea?

I just left there, so maybe I seen you around.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey Kory!
I'm a newbie here myself.  Been lurking here for about a month and have already picked up some things from these guys.  See y'all around!
Wade
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Welcome aboard, MyWar. As someone else said, it's like potato chips, nobody can have just one.

Holeshot4, TexRdnec, I know what you mean. Coke, soda and "pop" are the same thing--but only in the South. In other places, there's a difference, like 5-8 for coke possession...

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#34]
ya, before you know it you'll have something like, oh, i dont know, 828 posts?  [:D]

oh, and imscolt:  my grandmother, raised down here but old school, always combined the two and asked if anybody wanted a "sodie pop."  but probably the only person down here i've ever heard call a coke anything except coke.............
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top