Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 8:11:48 AM EDT
Hopefully moving to a bigger fac. I hope they don't forget about my rifle going on 7 weeks and its driving me nuts. Black Gun Fever getting the best of me!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]
They should move to a more gun friendly state. Down here to KY would be just great.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA will be closed Thursday and Friday to move to their new facility.  Everything should be back to "normal" on Monday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a new upper from them, was told 5 weeks wait and it came in two.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Lower on the way also.  I love RRA.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They should move to a more gun friendly state. Down here to KY would be just great.
View Quote

They'll have to if SB 1195 passes.

[url]http://www.nraila.org/LegislativeUpdate.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=577[/url]

SB 1195: [red]Outlaws the manufacture,[/red] possession, sale and transfer of AR-15s, M1As, FALs, plus lower and upper receivers, magazines and magazine parts capable of holding more than 10 rounds, including black powder hunting rifles with a bore diameter greater the .50 caliber.

This means Illinois based companies: Armalite, Les Baer, [red]Rock River Arms,[/red] Springfield Armory, DS Arms, and others will be unable to continue to employ their workers and prohibited from manufacturing these firearms for individuals or to fulfill current contracts with the U.S. military.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Hummm... at the same time, there are states that are trying to attract firearms manufacturers and businesses. Over the past few months of running up my long distance bill with friends in the business, I am hearing a lot of them talking about moving to friendlier state.

Be cool to see a license plate in the future that reads "Firearms Capital of the US"?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Amen to that Gunzilla....

I think until we get a resolution on what exactly is going to happen with the AWB we are going to be in limbo on allot of rules & regulations...  I bet companies will start building a surplus anyway...  I know for sure I will buy at least 3 recievers by then for later projects...  Cant believe how cheap they have been,  I saw brand new RRA for 100$ at the gun show two weeks ago..  And I know there are cheaper prices out there on other manuf's...

I think I have the Black Rifle disease for sure.

I hold you guys personally responsible for this! [hail2]

Prosise

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Prosise,
I beat ya to it.  Picked up three stripped lowers and have no plans whatsoever for them.  They're just gonna be lowers for a long time.  Instead of buying more ARs and accessories, I'm actually planning now to just buy more parts and pieces, particularly wear parts like springs, carrier, bolt components, some of the pins, etc...also finally getting all of the tools I've needed to properly assemble/disassemble my toys.
I haven't given up hope, but I fear that one day, whether 04, 06 or whenever, enough of "them" will get their way and screw us over.  I would rather have everything I need now than try to get them when(if)ever bad times come.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
They can move down here to Bama. We need a gun plant down here. We are trying to move up in the world. Hell the American Idol even came from here.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top