Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 3:58:29 PM EDT
What is the Advantage of the ARMS SIR Military Version over the Commercial Version?

I know the Military Version does away with the Delta Ring, What advantage does this have?

Is the Military Version made to Mil-Spec and the Commercial Is Not?

Please let me know the Details on these?

Thanks-A-Million
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
NONE!    less weight without the ring.  Big deal huh?  I would go civie!  I dont know for sure there may be more advantages but I dont see em.  Maybe grenade launch abilities change!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
With the military version you do not have to remove the front sight to attatch it.

I think, so don't flame the crap out of me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i don't think you have to remove anything to mount a SIR except the delta ring for the M version.  i plan on getting a #46 slimline soon.  i'd like the M just because i think they look better but the 46 only comes in C.

someone posted on here before and said that the military atually used the C instead of the M.  beats me if that's true or not, i don't really care if they use it at all.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
With the military version you do not have to remove the front sight to attatch it.

I think, so don't flame the crap out of me if I'm wrong.
View Quote

You asked for it! [}:D]

[torch]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top