Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 10:06:42 PM EDT
Hey does anyone actually own one of these. Im no considering buying one "right now" but I am curious.

How good are they? Do you know if the barrels on some models are chrome lined? Stuff like that.

Pics would be great.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Currently, the barrels on SR-15 M4's and M5's are not chrome lined. The SR-15 Match has a stainless Krieger barrel (hence, no chrome lining in it, either).

I'll let someone else give opinion on "how good" etc.

havoc
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I own one of these.  I have the SR15 M4.  16 inch barrel, non chrome lined with the press on brake.  RAS, Aimpoint, and KAC two stage trigger.  Excellent rifle.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
ZRH, I have a KAC SR15 M4, and I absolutely love it. It was more expensive than a Bushy, Colt, or other's but then again it came standard with a chromed bolt, the RAS, a 300 meter BUIS, and KAC's awesome two stage trigger. My particuler rifle is extremely accurate and has been reliable with everything I've fed it. IMHO they're damn good rifles and worth the money you pay for them. I'm a computer retard, but I'll try to post a pic of mine tonight.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
SHAMELESS bump
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't owned one; but I've been impressed by those I've handled and I own a few Bushmasters. Every KAC SR-15 I've seen has been top notch in fit & finish. I don't have enough experience with them to really give an informed comment on reliability; but I haven't seen one fail yet either.

My sole complaint with the SR-15 is that unless you want the exact add-ons that come with the rifle, you end up paying extra for stuff you may not want and plan on replacing down the road anyway.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top