Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:18:59 PM EDT
OK.  In qualifying the the USAF, we shot at 'simulated 100, 200 and 300' yard targets.  That is to say a small target on a big piece of paper at 15 or 25 yards.  I could see the target fine.  No problem.  Now  I have my AR and I am shooting irobn sights at 100 yards on 100 yard targets and I have problems.

Through the apature, the dang target is smaller than my pinkie nail.  I cannot even see the red square on the target.  I know my glasses are a little old, but dang man..  I would be happy if I get 5" groups (actually I am just counting holes in the paper now.)

I hear about guys hitting 2" groups and smaller with iron sights at 100 yards and I am thinking 'what in the world'. I know pratice pratice pratice, but I cannot even see the target well enough to get any grouping.  

Am I an idiot or what?  (man, i know that opens me up  LOL)

Thanks - VMAX
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a black bull about 8" in diameter on your target.
Use black spray paint for this.
I also use A-1 round front sight posts that I
turn down to .055 to .050.

Might help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top