Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:45:38 AM EDT
I have just purchased a colt ar15 and would like to know how to make it full auto. What parts do I need, where can I get these parts, whats the difficulty of installing/machining these parts. I know its illegal but I'm not going to do it, would just like to know how to do it for informational purposes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Bye.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The first part you need is a $200.00 dollar tax stamp, once you have that, we'll talk again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
in before the [img]http://orion.it.luc.edu/~avande1/locke.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]
[moon]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Go ask these guys.

[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/index.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds crazy to me!

full auto would be good for laying cover fire?
I myself would go 3 round burst!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah... another Fed troll [:K]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry VPC &/or liberal media troll... you are just going to have to get your "shocking evidence" elsewhere!!!

Now go away. [wave]  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The first part you need is a $200.00 dollar tax stamp, once you have that, we'll talk again.
View Quote

Nope, even that doesn't help.  Since '86, you can't make new Machine Guns for private citizens.  Even with the $200 tax on a Form 1, it would be illegal.  You can thank the Firearm Owner's "Protection" Act for that.  The only way is to become a Class III manufacturer and make them for LE/Military.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh-Riki, you got sum splainin t'do!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Go to the full-auto board, and read the posting rules about this subject.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Welp, see you later.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Spend five to six thousand dollars (plus the $200 stamp) on a registered auto sear or a registered lighting link. Of course you really didn't want that kind of answer because you are a fucking [:K]. And by the way troll, this is off topic. See the full auto section.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Whats the deal with you guys? All I ask is how to make an AR15 full auto and you start freaking out saying that I'm a fed troll and for me to go away. Don't try to tell me that you have never thought of doing this. I'm just trying to get some help from the "gurus" of AR15's, but obviously you guys aren't very informative on this subject and are somewhat ignorant. Well after being flamed and having the fire put out, I was thinking that getting the drop in auto sear out of the shotgun news for $120 would make a full auto AR15. Does a person need anything additional to this or just the drop in sear if he or she was to make a AR15 full auto. And don't forget AR stands for automatic rifle now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#15]
You know this illegal but you asked any way?  Come on man, who are trying to fool?  

If you are not a "VPC &/or liberal media troll" you sure are getting off on the wrong foot around here.  Now, crawl back to the DU.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to AR15.com. Newbies come here to learn things and mistakes happen, but in the future don't post shit like that again. You are right, if the 86 ban was repealed I think every body here would have one. the point is there is a proper way of asking these questions without looking like you are baiting someone or seeking to do something illegal (& make us all look bad). Just keep that in mind

(Edited to fix typo & say M4arc's Probably right)
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whats the deal with you guys? All I ask is how to make an AR15 full auto and you start freaking out saying that I'm a fed troll and for me to go away. Don't try to tell me that you have never thought of doing this. I'm just trying to get some help from the "gurus" of AR15's, but obviously you guys aren't very informative on this subject and are somewhat ignorant. Well after being flamed and having the fire put out, I was thinking that getting the drop in auto sear out of the shotgun news for $120 would make a full auto AR15. Does a person need anything additional to this or just the drop in sear if he or she was to make a AR15 full auto. And don't forget AR stands for automatic rifle now.
View Quote

Actually dude, AR stand for Armalite Rifle...do some research next time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#18]
As much as it may gall us here at AR 15, we obey the laws as they are.
As such, for us to post this information could mean that some less than honest individual would use it, and cause us a load of grief.
If what you requested was an innocent question, then I appoligize, however to post such info. would be irresponsible on our part.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Bye [:K]

IBTL
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Find that AK for "close range mess stuff up shooting" yet??? [>:/]

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=55492&w=searchPop[/url]

Fuck off [:K]

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Alright guys, sorry I got off on the wrong foot. I didn't know that this subject was such  a sensitive issue. I am by no means a troll and I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble here. It was an innocent question and I just wanted some simple answers. I could care less about gun laws, in my opinion I think they are all a load of BS. So if you guys feel threatened to respond to give me the information I requested, than by all means feel free to not reply. I guess I'll have to do a little research elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Look, the problem everyone has with the question is first of all, Its against the rules.  You should read the forum rules before you post. Second of all, we have enough problems with people thinking we are crazy for owning ARs. We dont need to make that worse, this forum is for responsible law abiding people who want to discuss the AR15. Third, if you want to know how the M16 works go to the M16 forum, or download the M16 technical manual. Its public information. We all like machine guns, we just like legal ones.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll try to be a neo-mod here and pretend your just a newbie and don't know the ropes. It is illegal for you to buy a DIAS unless you buy a RDIAS-Regestered Drop In Auto Sear. You'll have to spend about $5000 and fill out ATF Form 4, wait 6 months for approval and if the paperwork doesn't get lost, you can put your $5000 1 ounce piece of metal in any AR you want. Or, a better idea is to buy a regestered receiver for around $8000 and get a complete rifle. However, the reason you are being treated like a troll is because you are asking how to build an illegal firearm. We do not want to be portrayed as one of "those websites" where the left wing media can get information on breaking federal law and put it all over the news. As was suggeted, go to the M16 section and read the posts marked READ THIS BEFORE POSTING. Then, you'll know how to be treated like a newbie and not a troll. If you ARE looking for info on how to spend a few years in the Graybar Motel, you are in the wrong place. Go find NazisRus or some other dumbshit sight for farm animal humping nazis or McVeigh wannabees. I'm sure you'll find all about how to build illegal guns, bombs and other stuff. Try the islamist websites after you learn arabic.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Actually I did not purchase an Ak for "close range mess stuff up shooting", instead I purchased an AR15[:D]. I like it very much so far I feel that if it was fully automatic it would be better for that "close range mess stuff up shooting". And by the way, watch your attitude, it was just a question don't let your impotence get to you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top