Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 7:12:00 PM EDT
i currently have a 16" a2 m4 bushy and i love it. however sometime in the next 2 or 3 months i want to get a 20" or 24" upper. i don't want nothing expensive but accurate. i would like any input on what brand to get. thanks alot

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Stick to Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Make certain to check out all options....

There's the Equipment Exchange, and don't overlook the Rock River Arms uppers as they are less expemsive and good shooters. Also compare uppers prices w/ guys like Donnie here at [url]www.sableco.net[/url] who sells RRA.

Armalite, BushMaster and Colt are the top choices, w/ DPMS, RRA, Olympic, Eagle Arms on the next rung down....

Good luck,
Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Brandon! I would also say stick with Bushmaster. I just like to keep everything the same. You are going about this the same way I did. I got a 16" Bushy, actually it is a M4 with a full 16" barrel and no brake, and then the next thing I wanted after I put my new EOTech on was a 20" upper.

I stuck with bushmaster and ordered an A3 20" upper last week. I am still waiting for it to come. I did not get the carry handle with it because I still have the carry handle from my M4 and will not be taking the EOTech off EVER, and even if I did I still have the back up irons on it as well.

Don't forget to get a new bolt and bolt carrier for your new upper. Ask the guys here, it is a good thing to have dedicated bolts and carriers for your separate uppers for consistant wear and accuracy retention.

best

drew
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
double tap...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
and a three-post-burst!

Man the system is moving slow tonight!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks alot i have narrowed it down to a rra or bushy. i think i might get the rra 24" varmint standard a4 and then later on buy a rra lower. i'm not sure though. i change my mind daily. its so hard making these life threating decisions. however if i can save up enough money i'll go bushmaster. you see i'm a poor college student.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh Brandon, I am a poor college student too. However, I have discovered what is all evil in this world: Credit Card.

:)

drew
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
true true
credit cards are the devil!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
and a three-post-burst!

Man the system is moving slow tonight!
View Quote

The question is, is it transferable? [:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top