Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 1:03:04 PM EDT
Im looking for someone who has experience with MILTEC and its dry lube properties. Im looking for a better lube than CLP and am wondering how good this stuff is.

I have my free sample right in front of me, but am a cautious person so I want some opinions about this stuff.

Is it safe to go back to CLP if I dont like it after it has been treated with MILTEC?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I use miltec-1 on my cetme and it works great! Try and pre heat the metal like they say, it does make a difference. I use the miltec grease on the bolt carrier very thin but I heated it with a hair dryer first and used the lube. But now I have been trying the grease there instead. The rest of the moving parts I used the lube.
It will not hurt to use a CLP after wards. I still use FP-10 to clean the bore after I shoot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#2]
After about a day, it seems that the militec completely disappears. Maybe it soaked into the metal, maybe it evaporated. How do I know for sure?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top