Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 10:29:09 AM EDT
Hello, just decided to get a second AR.  I already made my mind up on the Hornet light weight upper from Fulton Armory.  But being the penny pincher I am, I'm wondering if theres any place that has complete  forged lower assy for less than what Fulton has theirs, which is around  $270.  Also, Seeing how the upper is an A1 style, I would also like to put the triangle handguards on it. Does any one know where I can get a new set for a reasonable price.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#1]
For starters look over on the equip exchange(top right of page). They may be your best bet for the triangular handguards. there were some NIW there last week. Not cheap. The price on the complete lower is not to bad if buttstock is incl, but you could try a RRA or an eagle arms lower [url]quanticoarms.com[/url]. I think they have the best price out there right now and these are in reality Armalite receivers. Not sure what Oly or DPMS is selling for right now. Colt is more, of course. Bushmaster is an option as well but will be more also.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I know of a place that sells complete NIB Bushmaster lowers for $265, but don't have the number handy at this exact moment...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That's not a bad price if it includes the buttstock.  Quantico Arms has stripped lowers for $100.  Add a $55 parts kit and a $65 stock (which you might be able to find cheaper on the EE) and you hit $220 plus shipping.  Then you just need a few punches and you can assemble it yourself.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA complete lowers from Steve at ADCO for $210 plus a few bucks shipping are an impossible value to beat.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's not a bad price if it includes the buttstock.  Quantico Arms has stripped lowers for $100.  Add a $55 parts kit and a $65 stock (which you might be able to find cheaper on the EE) and you hit $220 plus shipping.  Then you just need a few punches and you can assemble it yourself.  
View Quote

$220, plus shipping PLUS what the dealer is going to charge you for handling the transfer, and depending on the area, that could end up being as mauch as hitting a gun show and buying a unit off the rack; which I did last month.  DPMS complete lower for $269.95.  No, not the greatest bargain in the world, but I got to pick the unit I wanted, didn't have to wait for shipping, and the price was within a couple of bucks of what it would have cost if I'd mail ordered one and paid the dealer transfer[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#6]
CMMG, Inc. has some really nice A1 furniture sets. I've picked up three A1 stocks from them. All where like new. They advertise like new A1 triangle handguards as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
any links for ADCO or CMMG?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Aimless
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Century Arms. As low as $65US and I have never seen them for more than $109US
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

......impossible value to beat.

View Quote

Aha - another "value" buyer. I too finally figured out it's not the lowest price but the best value !!  (Of course it probably did take me longer than the average.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top