Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 10:38:49 PM EDT
Dont even think of any help from Sen. John Warner, R. Virginia.  He voted for the original Assault ban over a decade ago. He's your liberal in Republican clothing!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be typing my letter to him tonight.  Hey, I helped vote him into office, I can help vote him out!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I wrote him recently and have yet to hear back from him on this issue. His office normally will respond to letters and emails so I am just waiting to see what happens. I may write him again if I don't hear anything back soon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I wrote him about the Bill to protect the firearms manufactures and never heard back from his office [:(]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought this was a thread about VIRGINS! [naughty] Damn.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't count on too much help from Warner.  As mentioned above, his record on gun issues isn't exactly stellar.  However, the real kicker is that this term will very likely be his last in the Senate.  OK, I could be wrong, and he might run again...  If he doesn't run again, he doesn't much care about anyone's threat not to vote for him.  Send your letter to him anyway, but George Allen looks to be a much better bet for support of gun owners.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a response in about 2 weeks from him when I wrote about the bill for firearms manufactures.

John
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Dragonrider,

What did his letter say?  I called about the same issue and his staff person seemed really uninterested.  She did not even ask for my name and address, as they usually do.  Warner is a RINO(Republican in name only!)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I did the email via his congressional website.  One of the topics that I chose it to be listed under was ethics.  

I'll find the letter tomorrow and post what the results were.

John
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I emailed his office about the firearms manufactures protection bill and got a letter back saying they were monitoring the bill ...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, as bad as Warner is, I live up here in Moran country...now that guy is CRAZY.  There wouldn't be a gun left in the country if he had his way.  He's had some personal/political problems of late, so I don't know that he's the usual shoe-in for re-election.  Not that it matters, though, 'cos I don't think any repub stands a chance in this district, and the dems are all alike when it comes to guns.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top