Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 1:28:58 PM EDT
I'd love to have an ACOG but that's just too far out of budget. Eventually I'll get there but for now I'd like advice and input on something under $400 retail to be used on whatever gun number 2 turns out to be.

I have the Colt 4x32 scope already and was considering putting it on the LAPD EA 20" I have but I'd also take any comments on leaving that gun alone and using it on gun number 2.

HELP! I THINK I'VE BEEN BITTEN!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The Leupold Mark 4 CQT is around $400. It is a small and versatile scope using a circle dot recticle. It can be used as a zero magnification red dot for CQB or adjusted to zoom out to 3X.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
$400??
Where?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
ldb, you might want to take a look at the optics forum.

I am in the same boat as you basically.

But in the optics section, there has been a lot of bad talk about the Mark 4 CQT.  Don't know why.  It seems like a good concept, but maybe they didn't implement it as well as it should be.

I am basically looking for an inexpensive 1-3x or 1-4x magnification scope myself.  The only ones I've seen like that are the shotgun scopes and the CQT.

Sorry I couldn't add much to the discussion.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
For sub-$400 allow me to suggest the EOTech holosight.

I doubt you will be disappointed!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, my mistake. I looked at the price for the wrong model.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish it were around $400 but I think it's in the ACOG $800 territory, at least from what I've found online.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
For $400 you might find and M2 with mount, or you can get an EoTech if you're looking for a dot type optic.

For a magnified optic look at the IOR M2 in 4x.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
For a dot, also consider the OKO sight.  Available from CavArms, and reviewed on Forest's MD-AR15 site.

I've heard nothing but bad about the CQ/T.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top