Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 7:28:04 PM EDT
Finally got to add my first home made AR to the family today. I had been waiting for the stripped lower and finally got it. Its a RRA 20"
A4, RRA lower, Bushie lower parts kit, and irons. No goodies, I like em "old skool". She came out pretty good, I thought for sure I would nick the finish tapping the roller pins but I never did. Only problem I encountered was that damn front takedown pin spring and detent. On the first attempt, I thought I almost had it, then let my finger slip and "WHACK"...Detent right in the eyeball. It actually cut that little squishy gland thing in the corner of my eye. It looks pretty gross, but hey, at least the rifle is ok, I mean I can get another eyeball right? Anyways I'll try to get some pics up soon. Thanks to everybody for helping me know what I was doing, and thanks to the "lower assy." page on this site for saving me when I realized I had no idea what I was doing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
[b] Excellent ! another happy owner. Now that you have one build behind you what's next?  Hurry up with the pics would ya.  
J/k

Glad to hear everything went well for you .  Enjoy your new weapon.

SaFe ShOoTiNg
Jerry [):)][/b]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top