Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 9:36:19 AM EDT
I've heard alot about it and even saw some movies on the forum of some guys doing it.My question is how?The movies i saw look like the guys are jamming something into the trigger gaurd(screwdriver?)and firing from the hip.Is there anyway to do this without the screwdriver?and firing freehand?What about the different gagets ive seen that do this.Do they work. thanks, UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The movies i saw look like the guys are jamming something into the trigger gaurd(screwdriver?)and firing from the hip.Is there anyway to do this without the screwdriver?and firing freehand?What about the different gagets ive seen that do this.Do they work. thanks, UNDERDOG
View Quote

Their using their index finger.

As to the different gagets, save your money and practice developing good trigger control, then you too can spray rounds everywhere with the best of 'em. (personally I prefer the "one-shot, one-kill" methodology, it costs less)

To each his own,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I use my finger or thumb. Place it through the trigger guard and push it forward into a belt loop on your pants so that your finger can no longer move forward. Then pull the rifle forward with even and gentle pressure. When it fires, try to keep the same amount of pressure forward.

The recoil will pull the rifle back enough to reset the trigger, and you are still pulling forward with enough force to make it fire so it fires again. Repeat.

It takes steady hands and practice to do this freehand.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask Greenhorn how to do it. He's mastered the technique it seems.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the videos you're are referring to are the ones on my site:  http://www.geocities.com/optimus_84

Yes we are using something, it is a magic marker.  We find it easier since ya don't have to keep your finger straight, and it is easier to get off more rounds.  Thats for me anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Spray and pray only works in the movies, and in those corny videos that they show at the "Hell-Storm" booth at the gun shows. Kind of like the wanna-be ganger bangers holding their pistols sideways because it looks cool. (Why do I have hot brass flying into my eyes? Ouch, that hurts!)

Stand your ground, look 'em in the eye, and shoot the bastard." - Elmer Keith
[frag]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Who said we're trying to hit anything? :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top