Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2003 3:11:57 PM EDT
I read an article that one gun shot tighter groups when it rattled a little. Then someone mentioned the accuwedge and JP pin that tighten the upper and lower together improve accuracy. Who's right?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the acuwedge would improve or degrade accuracy since the  cartridge is seated in the chamber already ? It wouldn't change barrel harmonics either. I'd guess they are both full of shit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep - a tight fit is only an imaginary advantage. A confidence thing, if you will. Likewise, tightening up the fit via an Accu-wedge or JP pin, or by carefully selecting receivers will do nothing to harm accuracy either.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Neither do a damned thing.  If you like the lack of rattle get an accuwedge if not it hurts nothing.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top