Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 4:21:27 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with the olympic arms AR plinker model?  A friend of mine saw one for $550 and was thinking about getting it.  I have never seen one and have no experience with oly rifles.  Good, bad, ugly, fair? What do you think?    
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a link of a previous post on the forum that addresses several points of the Plinker.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=146246

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.  I read it and now things are as clear as mudd! Its the same everywhere.... everyone has had a good or bad experience and those are the extreems that we all boast about.    

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't say from experience, just from what I read on here.  

From what I have read, the Plinker seems to be a decent cheap AR.  Of course, you will always get a couple of anything that mess up or break in some manner.  

For a little better rifle, you could spend a little more and get a PCR7 with forged upper and lower.

It just depends on your friends budget and intended purpose for the weapon.

Clear as mud??? [:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
(I sell them so take my advice for whatever that is worth)

The Plinker is a low end price effective AR15.

The Plinker and PCR-5 are different only in cast A1 upper and cast lower.  Other than that, everything else is the same as the PCR-5, except price.

You get a lifetime warranty, not a 1 year like some of the other "name" brands.

I have converted a cast lower to full auto and it works fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top