BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 4:53:41 AM EDT
http://www.colt.com/

All it says is, "This should be www.colt.com"

It's been like that for at least several days.  Anyone know what's up?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
don't know.
maybe maintenance outage????
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#2]
One can only hope they're finally updating that thing - it was an embarassment.  Any one of us could take pictures 10 times better than the ones they had representing their model line.

I love Colt (I own 2 Colt 1911A1s) and I cringed when I compared their web site to Kimber's.

Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you are right. They don't even send out freakin catalogs... They used to be on top, now Bushmaster is the king, IMHO. Why? Information. I know more about Bushmasters than I do Colts, because Bushmaster has information on their website. They also have REAL pictures, lol.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.colt.com/

All it says is, "This should be www.colt.com"

It's been like that for at least several days.  Anyone know what's up?
View Quote

Hacked maybe?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe they went out of business, AGAIN, that or they were assimilated by the borg.
Q
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
last October I attended to AUSA convention and made it a point to stop over the Colt display and speak to their representative. In years past they had a fine gentleman who was most knowledgeable about Colt products and Colt maintained a very professional set up. This year they had a very unprofessional display manned by an individual who I found to be a gratuitously insulting cock sucker who just could be bothered with talking with many of the people who wanted to chat firearms. Now I really didn't care if he had no time for me but there was an Army  SFC Special Forces guy with three lower ranking Enlisted soldiers that I would have been kind and gracious to if I were in his position. His behavior to them was condescending at best. They left for better treatment elsewhere and if they stopped by at the H&K, SIG, or FAL industries displays they found it. I did mention to him that Colt has not made any catalogs available in a long time and could not get them from the web site either. He took a note but as you can see nothing has changed. Lastly, I have worked previously for the DCSLOG of the Army, among others, and I can tell you this guy would not get in the front door with senior Army leadership.  Go figure?    
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Either the Colt webpage has been hijacked by one of those internet domain name dealers, their server was affected by the storms this last week on the east coast or they have new Colbalt RAQ4 servers and have not loaded the webpages.

I get a "Welcome to the Cobalt RaQ" greeting page when I type in www.colt.com.

The "whois" lookup still shows the domain name as being owned by Colt.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
If any company ever wanted a model on how to piss off their customer base, not recruit any new customers, piss off their dealers, give shitty customer service, overprice their products & generally not give a shit, all they'd have to do is study Colt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I am a Colt fan through & through and I own a few Colt pistols (getting ready to buy a Colt ar), but damn it folks.... this is embarrassing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#10]
It went out the window along with all their other customer services.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top