Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 1:48:11 PM EDT
I have a very accurate armalit ar15 with a 16" barrel, the problem is getting set to shoot targets at 100 or 299 yards.I have the forend on sand bags but because of the hand grip I have to have that on a bag also. It wobbles ever so slightly when i am aiming because the handguard cant get surrounded by sand. I just have the stock grip. Can you give me any suggestions that do not cost alot so I can be completely still when shooting. Thanks very much. Like i said the gun and ammo are extemely accurate  it is just me wobbling side to side that expands my groups
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you using any sort of sling hold? There's several styles of shooting sling holds that should help hold it steady.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:55:56 AM EDT
[#2]
i do not know what a sling hold is
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like to point out a few things:

Sling holds:  Book; Leather Sling and Shooting Positions by M/SGT James R. Owens, USMC (Ret.).
You can buy this book on the internet.  www.sniperworld.com.  

I sometines use a sling when I'm shooting "free hand". Ie..standing, kneeling, sitting, prone.  I've also used a sling for resting the rifle on my shoulder, jumping from a Helo, repelling down a cliff.  But that was a few years ago. {;-)

I don't use a sling when I shoot from a bench.  Maybe I should but I don't.  I use a bipod or back pack or army roll up sleeping pad.

I would suggest to you for right now is to get a taller sand bag or use two or more to get your grip up off the bag and out of the way.

This is just "my" opinion, good, bad or ugly.  

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
what he said < I would suggest to you for right now is to get a taller sand bag or use two or more to get your grip up off the bag and out of the way.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top