Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 6:45:57 PM EDT
How much difference in accuracy will a V-Match produce over a Basic Bushy AR with the same barrel length and shooter? I cant figure out which one to get, primary use is target say 300 meters. Can Iron sites be mounted on a V-Match until scoped? Also Would I have to fire special ammo through the V-match? Thanks for follups!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
This is just my opinion, but if you're gonna pop the bucks for a V-Match, you should be planning on scoping it full-time, not trying to add iron sights.

My 20" Bushy A3 can hit a man-sized target at 300 meters with the iron sights, so the accuracy is there without glass.

As far as "special ammo", you'd get better accuracy with Match grade ammo than you would with mil-surp stuff, and even better accuracy with hand loads tuned to your specific rifle, but you don't [i]have[/i] to.  But again, if you're gonna pop the big bucks for a Match grade rifle, you'll prolly not want to shoot bargain ammo with its reduced accuracy.

I'm off the soap box.  Next?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Bushy XM15 E2 Shorty w/ AK break, 16" barrel with an Eotech helo sight.

I traded it for a new Bushy 16" V-Match and put a Leupold VXII 3X9X40 Tactical w/Mil Dot scope on it.  I reload, so I've used Sierra 69 grain BTHP match bullets with Varget powder and also some 55 grain match stuff.

I SAW A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN ACCURACY WITH THE FREE FLOATING BARREL, MATCH AMMO AND A GOOD SCOPE COMPARED TO THE E2 DESCRIBED ABOVE.  (Get a better trigger while you're at it.)  

If you plan on shooting past 300 yds get the 20" barrel.  I use a .308 bolt gun for long distance anyway.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had a bushi v match 16", 20" and all i can say is damn that handguard will get hot!!  Didnt really see a big diff between the vmatch 16", and the reg16" i have now.  Just play with the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Just plan on gettng both.  You're going to end up with them anyway.  If you have to get just one, go with the basic bushy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the reasons I'm on this and other sites is to learn.

Max_Power:  I got the impression that BILLC was looking for accuracy. (Primary use Target 300 meters).  Question: Why did you recommend the basic Bushy?

mhpoole: How many rounds and/or how many rounds per minute did it take for your V-match hand guards to get hot?  

Thanks ahead of time for your detailed answer.

Rambosky - Over..........
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
blast off just 2 or 3 clips and you will feel alot of heat.  i sold mine right away.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top