Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2002 2:05:55 PM EDT
My last post started a stir when I bought the 5.56mm so I thought you guys might be interested in my impressions after shooting.

For comparisson, I took some S&B my usual plinker stuff 62 grain and some American 55 grain.  My barrel was Shaw Chrome lined 1/9 24".  I wish I could tell you I was plugging the bulls but I'm still getting use to the A2 sight and getting it where I want it. I did put an average of three to four rounds at the same aim point to make my comparrison. I used a bipod instead of bags and even did a few standing.

Not being the pro from Dover, I didn't find much difference at 100' in any of the three rounds in acuracy.  The feel of the rounds was a different story.  The first mag of the Swiss took me back to my Army days.  The sound and recoil were distinctive and I felt I could bring the aim point back on center far faster than the other two.  

With that in mind, I give it two thumbs up.  In fact, I liked it so much, I am putting a couple hundred back for special occasions and will pull my Americans out of the box and slap em in an ammo can for the range.

Thanks Eric, I like the service, the ammo, and even the can it came in.  A big thanks for taking my back a few years at the range.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top