Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 5:01:17 PM EDT
Alright, in spite of all the encouragement from the AK side, I ended up buying an EBR (evil black rifle). But, obviously, its a hybrid. It shoots really well. 1 Failure To Feed in 200 rounds (reload ammo). It feels like it's been waiting for me to pick it up since, .....ohhhhh, about a hundred years. Very smooth. It talks to me....

The receiver is a DPMS but the barrel says J&T 1-9. Its a 16" shorty, A2 style sights. Obviously its a kit gun.

I paid 750 for it. Deal? Or did I make the dude's yacht payment?

Its my first AR and damn, I like this a lot. This may end up being worse than the Olde Double Barrel addiction, or the "Wicked Tactical Handgun" thing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You didnt make the Yacht payment, but you probably could have gotten the same gun, brand new, from a quality manufacturer like Bushmaster. If it is good to you, then so be it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
[blue][b] Hey Duck

DPMS receivers are real nice. From what I've read around here J&T uppers are pretty good . Sounds like a nice toy. You can't do anything about what you paid for it , whether it was a good deal or not depends on who you ask and where they might be from . I've seen guns in one place sell for a higher price than another place.  The important part is your happy with it, and we all know happiness is priceless .  

HaPpY HoLiDaYs [<|:D>]
Jerry  [/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]

J&T makes high quality kits that contain everything but a stripped lower receiver. Their 16" kits start at $435. The DPMS forged lower receiver costs anywhere between $100 and $175 depending on where you get it. Yes, you could have saved some money by building it yourself but you still have a solid rifle that will bring you many hours of shooting enjoyment.

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
[url=www.jtdistributing.com]J&T Distributing[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]
What slidestop said. Shoot and enjoy. Sounds like the price was in the ballpark. There is a lot of variance out there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top