Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2002 8:23:19 PM EDT
After spending 45 min persusing another pathetic gun show, I finally came across a good deal, I think.  I picked up a brand new Ace Skeleon stock for $75.  I think I've seen them retail at over $100.  The guy said he knew the owner of Ace and gets them really cheap.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What is it about the Wyoming gun shows that is pathetic? I know the shows around here (Las Vegas) kinda suck a bit, and nothing compares to the Great Western shows we used to have in Pomona (before the PRK banned it).
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It's usually the same 5 guys, selling the exact same guns, at every single show.  I can rarely get a deal on anything.  SA 300 round battlepacks were $55 each.  30 round mags were $40, 20 round mags were $50.  (Thanks to AR15.com, I don't have to search anywhere else for mags though.)  Only one table had anything AR related.  Last gun show, saw a Colt upper the guy said was preban.  No bayo lug, flash hider or threaded barrel.  How am I supposed to verify preban status?  Guy wanted $1100!  I'm sure this happens at all gun shows but it still iritates me:  idiots picking guns up off of tables and then turning around and pointing them at other people when they look down the sights.  Just really annoys me.  Every single show seems to be the same.  Attendance goes down after each one, so they raise the price of admission it seems after every show.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that does sound depressing. I know the Great Western show was the biggest in the west, and usually had attendance in the thousands, with hundreds of vendors. It is the measure by which other shows are judged. Sadly, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted to disallow the show at the venue it appeared at for almost thirty years: the LA County Fairgrounds. They have not found a new home and are still fighting the battle. Times are tough for gun owners in the PRK.

Here in Nevada things are quite a bit different: we have absolute freedom. The gunshows have an iffy reputation, however... I am going to attend my first show in Nevada next weekend and I hope I don't see what you are seeing there.

Hopefully things improve for you there!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have to worry about it for too much longer.  I'll be moving back to Utah as soon as the wife graduates Law School in May.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
saw a Colt upper the guy said was preban.  No bayo lug, flash hider or threaded barrel.  How am I supposed to verify preban status?    
View Quote

If it was JUST an upper, it doesn't matter WHEN it was made! It only matters if the LOWER was manufactured (And assembled as a full lower) by 13 September 1994...
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
....still gives the upper the postban features.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top