Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2002 5:56:35 PM EDT
Was out shooting my Colt H-Bar this weekend and noticed a definite change in the buffer spring noise, it got much louder and more noticable.. Any help quieting it appreciated.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be way off base here, but were you wearing ear muffs at the time?  Whenever I use ear muffs which rest up against the buttstock instead of just ear plugs, the BOIIINNNNNNNGGGG is much more noticable.  Just a thought.

Ookster
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That's one I like about the shorter collapsible stock tubes is that the "SPROIINNNGG!!" is alot less pronounced.

My pre-ban carbine makes more of a "BONK!" noise.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Tetra gun grease in the buffer tube always works and has never caused a malfunction.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a Gas Shock buffer assy from Oly Arms and sproing will be all gone.

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#5]
David, how does these units compare to the AAC ones.??
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Those hydralic buffer is pretty useless in my opinion(but other's milage may vary).  it really don't do anything for you except for maybe quiet your spring noise.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top