Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2002 5:50:58 PM EDT
What's your experience with Rguns?  Good or Bad.  I have heard more bad than good, but I ordered some ammo from them once and didn't have a problem.  How about you?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone take a deep breath before posting
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Aw hell, I can't even tell him to do a search!  Oh the humanity.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
C'mon guys.  You're keepin' me in suspense.  Tell me the bad news.  All the bad news.  I have a strong stomach so don't hold back.  I was considering buying mags from them, but now you're scaring me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I am also thinking about buying some of their teflon coated 30 round mags with the green followers. I have a couple of friends who ordered them from Rguns and had no problems.
What exactly is the main complaint with Rguns? Is it the quality of the products, shipping time, or customer service?

I need to know before I place an order.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
A while back I had ordered some parts for my Benelli and a few clips from them and I had no problems.The above posts really make me wonder what problems people have encountered
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I've ordered from R Guns four or five times in the last four years and haven't had a problem. The guy on the phone seems kind of terse, but since I knew what I wanted I just let him know. No questions, tell him what I want, give my address and CC. Within a reasonable time I received my order.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys, if youre talking about R-guns in IL, I have a few things to say many of you will not like.  I live 2 minutes from their store.  I have personally talked to everyone who works in that store.  I have heard their side of the lower-reciever big hole/little hole parts kit BS.  

I have nothing but good to say about them based on MY PERSONAL experiences.  

Regarding the teflon coated mags with green followers, I believe they are the ones they sell for 25 a peice or so.  If those are the ones, order them, you will LOVE them.  I have a few.  They are a deep black, and very very tough mags.  

They also have a very nice and presentable store front, and good pricing.  DSArms is a big supporter of their shop.  Coincidentally, DSA is located in barrington, where my mom lives, 10 minutes away.

Everyone of the IL guys for the most part knows who I am and knows I am not a troll.

I do support R-guns from Illinois, and if you EVER have any problems, I will take it upon myself to visit them personally on your behalf and take care of anything.  I do honestly believe you will enjoy their service, and like I said, if you want me to view your product order before they ship it, I will go in and do so.  I believe they can be a great shop if you guys give them a chance.  And yes, I will go out of my way to prove it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#10]
So what's the deal?  All of a sudden all these people are sticking up for Rguns and the bashers are nowhere to be heard.  C'mon where are all the horror stories now?  Were all of them from years ago?  Or on a particular product?  
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
You read my mind.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=139425&w=searchPop

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57002&highlight=rguns
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
There is some confusion because their are two companies that go by this name.

One supposedly has horible service.  I don't know which one.  Anybody whose been on this board for a while knows to stay away, and that's that.  Their just tired of repeating the same shi*

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered a Colt M4 barrel from them a couple of months ago.  Asked no questions, got the barrel the next week at a substantial savings. That's just my one experience.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I've made 40+ orders from RGuns over the past 12 years. Everything from ammo to mags to firearms. Got nothing but great service and great product at a great price.

Well, I did have one problem with a one week delay in the shipping of a order of high-cap mags. But since it was two weeks before the crime bill was signed in 1994, I guess I can't really complain.

Maybe, if I keep on trying and trying, sooner or later I am going to get screwed
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I have placed a total of 4 orders with them.  The first order, for the new 30rd Teflon coated mags came right away.  My second order was for more of the Teflon mags, and some used USGI mags.  The order did not come for well over 6 months.  I would call once a month to be told (every time) that the used USGI mags were on backorder and would be arriving in two weeks.  

Finally, I had them cancel the USGI part of the order and fill the Teflon mags part.  At the same time, I ordered more of the Teflon mags (you got to buy mags as soon as you get the spare $$$)and some pistol mags.  After waiting four weeks, I called and they told me the pistol mags were on backorder.  So I canceled the pistol mag part of the order and received my Teflon mags pretty quickly.  Basically, the only problem I have had with them is them not telling me when a product I ordered is backordered.  I understand that other people have had serious problems with them, as posted here.

talbalos, you are right, the guy answering the phone is pretty terse sounding - kind of like you are bothering him.  But he has never crossed the line to rude.

Basically, if you want some mags for a good price, call them.  I cannot argue with their prices at all.  I will continue to order from them...
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#18]
The proprietor of RGuns is a convicted felon and currently banned from this board. Draw your own conclusions. I have a copy of the Chicago Tribune article in Word detailing his conviction in 1997 and am more than happy to share.

You can't do a search here, but you can do a search at rec.guns. Rather eye-opening.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I put in an order with them yesterday. The guy
that I talked to was not overly friendly, but was also not rude. Just brief and to the point.
I asked him if items were in stock, and he said yes. Hopefully I wont have a problem, and my
order will be in next week. I will let you guys know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I've never ordered from RGuns, although I was in the store once looking for an M1 Carbine.  So for what it's worth, the thing I've gleaned from reading all the horror stories and stories from satisfied customers is that if you're going to order from them, make sure what you're ordering is in stock.  

Seems that the horror stories about months-long waits all revolve around items being on backorder.  So ask when you order if what you want is in stock; for the most part, it seems that stuff in stock ships in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#21]
FIRST RULE ABOUT RGUNS....DO NOT TALK ABOUT RGUNS.  

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#22]
If we don't discuss matters of concern, how will we ever learn and grow from new knowledge?  Sometimes what you don't know might just hurt you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I called R guns in Il one day and asked them if they had any of the stripped colt lowers in stock.  The guy who answered the phone said "yes".  I had my dealer, who had never done any business with them order one.  It came promptly and it was just what they said it was.  A beautiful pristine COLT lower just waiting to be lovingly hand assembled into a rifle.                                                                                               My favorite convicted felon is G.Gordon Liddy. I told him so when I met him!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#24]
C'mon guys...if a felon can't own a gun, how can one sell them? And "IF" they can, just goes to show you how screwed up our gun laws are and will be.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#25]
don't waste your money.

the owner "roger" is a liar, a felon(FFL is in someone else's name), and has the customer service skills of a tree.

i gave up on a mag order from them after 3 months of being hung up on and talked to like a child.  i also tried to discuss the problems with someone on this site(now banned) called RGUNS.
 oh wasn't THAT a treat.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#27]
He pleaded to impersonating a police officer and it was me who posted the article. His FFL is held by his father.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top