Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2002 1:40:21 PM EDT
I'm looking for a shop that deals in stripped lowers at a reasonable price. A private transfer would be acceptable, also.
I work in the Cumming/Gainesville/Roswell area, but any surrounding area is fine. Thanks in advance for your help...
  -Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Hobbit - you must've just missed the Eastman's gun show in Gainesville a couple of weeks ago.
I bought a full AR-15 there but the buys I bought it from had plenty of stripped lowers (Oly Arms) on the table. I don't believe there's another Eastman's show in GA this year.

You could check http://www.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/
and find a dealer that'll order one for you.

I live in Dahlonega, BTW.

You could also try Smokey Mountain Traders in Cleveland, GA. They're probably an hour from Cumming - maybe a little more.
They seem to really like AR-15's there. One of the guys behind the counter showed me his pre-ban that had a grenade launcher, collapsible stock, bayonet, laser, scope, etc... Seemed really heavy.

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hobbit, My address is on Buford Hwy right at the Chattahootchee river/Gwinnett County line. Go to Bull's Eye in Lawrenceville. With a couple of exceptions they are all good guys, have very reasonable prices, and have a number of Class III weapons for rent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys-
I started looking on the Web for lowers to do a FFL transfer. I found a source that sold them for 109.00 (RRA Forged). It happened to be in Norcross, so I figured that I would just buy it at their storefront instead of transferring it to Cumming... but strangely, the price was $30.00 higher when I called.
I've been to a couple of Eastman shows in L'ville. I've found the quality of the booths is variable. I've never bought anything but ammo. How much do the lowers at the Eastman shows/local shops usually run?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how much the normally run, as I've only gotten into AR-15's within the last few weeks  (when I bought it - learning as I go).
If I remember correctly, they wanted $125 for those lowers...but they seemed reluctantly willing to haggle.
They were based in Chickamauga, TN. I think I have their phone number at home so I'll post it later.
I seem to recall him saying that he comes to Atlanta a couple of times a week and was willing to meet me if I wanted to buy anything from him.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top