Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 7:39:59 AM EDT
I am new to this type of gun.  Have a pretty nice ( at least to me) DPMS Lo-Pro.  Looking for things to do with it (ie; type of shooting, maintenance tips, good book to buy for info, where to get ammo or better to reload.  Places to shoot and gropups to get involved with for fun and maybe competition.  Live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area.  Bought this gun because of 9-11 and fear Uncle Sam may ban altogether. So any help will be a big help.  Currently do a lot of handgun shooting, but looking to expand my shooting fun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Great, welcome aboard.  They are awesome rifles and lots of fun.  I purchased mine with many of the same reasons, now I am hooked and want another.

What part of Pittsburgh?  I am born and raised there.  Living in the Cincinnati area for now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi, born and raised in the Carnegie and Greentree area.  And have been living in the Cranberry area for the last 18 years.  Looking forward to the fun that I think this gun will lead to.  Just hate all the bad PR this gun gets and is currently getting.  Even folks that know me, say why would you want something like that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Great, I used to live in the Cranberry area also. And I once belonged to the Millvale Sportsman club..great place to shoot
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to belong there also.  And yes, it is a nice club and place to shoot.  But it is really a trap and skeet club.  Very little pistol and rifle in copmparison.   I'm thinking about joining Beaver Valley rifle and pistol.  They seem to be more in line with what I like to do.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Gibsonia. I'm pretty new to this too. Couldn't pass up the 2001 LEGP. Do my shooting at Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club. It's a long drive, but they don't care what you shoot there. Very friendly club.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi MikeGun and everyone else in the Pittsburgh Area.
I live over in the McKeesport,PA Area and belong to the Clairton SPortsman Club.  I got into the AR15 by first attending a few of the Civilian Marksmanship Program and shooting the clubs M1 Garands.  Saw a lot of the guys using AR15's and had to have one.  I currently have a Bushmaster and the DMPS 2002 LEGP.  Both are fun to shoot and accurate. I would recommend finding a local club up in the Cranberry area that has a CMP program.  The guys at the Clairton Club have been very friendly and helpful to me.  The only drawback and the Clairton SC is that on the rifle range its 1 round load, Cant load the clip up full but its close to home and work for me.  I also enjoy the skeet program and pistol range they have.  For general shooting I usually purchase the American Eagle .223 from Natchez online at www.natchezss.com  $3.19/box of 20.  

Hdvespa
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Mike,
Welcome, We've got lots of the things you are looking for over at the Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site (www.MD-AR15.com).  We do have listings for stuff in PA.

They hold occasional AR-15 training courses at the Greater Pittsburg Gun Club at VERY reasonable prices.  Contact Pete at : [email protected] for more information.

(BTW Pete and his organization are listed under Training at the above mentioned site).
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club
www.greaterpghgunclb.com
Well worth the drive.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top