Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2002 9:49:07 AM EDT
What is the better 9mm Ar upper kit out there. I'm contemplating between the following dealers. COLT is out of the question.

1. Olympic Arms
2. Rock River Arms
3. American Spirit Arms

Can this just be mated to a complete AR lower?? OR I need a different buffer tube and spring.
HELP pls.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is the better 9mm Ar upper kit out there. I'm contemplating between the following dealers. COLT is out of the question.

1. Olympic Arms
2. Rock River Arms
3. American Spirit Arms

Can this just be mated to a complete AR lower?? OR I need a different buffer tube and spring.
HELP pls.

I can tell you that I'm very happy with my Oly 9mm conversion. Sten mags are cheap and plentiful, and the socom mag block works well.  I've mounted it on both a Colt lower and a Cavarms lower and both work flawlessly and needed no modification at all.  Plus the sten mag box loader makes filling mags a breeze (too easy sometimes!  You'll be out of ammo before you know it!).

I know that RRA has a very good rep as an AR manufacturer, but I haven't heard any feedback on their 9mm's.  My only concern there would be what kind of mags do they use?  IMHO, I'd rather pay $3 a mag than $20-$50 a mag.

As far as ASA goes, I know nothing about them, so I'll refrain from comment.

Aww hell, go with the Oly... it kicks ass.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Gunbert,

That was a quick reply, where did you order your kit from?  And how much is the Socom mag block adopter?

Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Jeeze... as far as I know mine was traded several times before it found me.  I bought it at the BRC last year from Ilove2shoot.  

So to answer your question, I don't know where the best place to buy one would be, but I know I've seen a few places posted on the board.  I know the mag adapters are cheap. Gimme a few minutes and I'll see if I can find a link that'll help you find what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Gunbert,

Is the Oly 9mmAr, blowback design or use the gas system?? Just curious.  

Also, the socom adoptor has an EJECTOR built to it or not??
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a few posts to look through:

www.socommfg.com/

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=108261&w=searchPop  This link has the best info on manufacturers.

www.ar15.com/forums/search.html?b=7

Try the equipment exchange as well... there are lots of good deals in there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gunbert,

Is the Oly 9mmAr, blowback design or use the gas system?? Just curious.  

Also, the socom adoptor has an EJECTOR built to it or not??

It's strait blowback with a heavier bolt carrier than a regular AR. The ejector is build into the upper, you just have to see it to understand.  The socom block is simply an adaptor that allows you to use unmodified sten mags.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top