Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2010 1:06:29 PM EDT
Firstly, sorry if anyone has noticed my bunched of threads Ive made lately. Im trying to decide what firearm to get.
Lately Ive been kinda set on either a RA XCR, MSAR E4 or a Springfield M1A, but now Im thinking about going back to my original idea of the AR15.

Back in 2009 I was thinking about building a Bravo Company AR15 for like $1300. So Im wondering if that is still a good choice? Are there any good options out there? My budget is about $2000. With that Id like to get the gun, some ammo and whatever else I need.
So thats probably about a maximum of $1500 on the gun itself.

Now this is the part where I need help. I know there are so many options out there as far as ARs go and even some piston rifles nowadays too.

Like I said, Ive heard good things about Bravo Company so thats one option. I also heard about a comapny called LWRC and looking at their rifles I kinda want one. Any one have any comments on LWRC? I looked into RRA a while ago too, and they seem to have a good reputation. Would that be a good direction to go?

Heres what I want in my AR:

Obviously something well made and reliable.
Easy to maintain.
Something that can shoot inexpensive ammo.
I like the looks of mid-length rifles so I prefer that.
And it doenst necessarily have to have a rail system at first because I wont have the money for any accessories for a while.

So, for around $1500 tops on the gun and another $500 for ammo and possible accessories, what would you recommend?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM midlength, BCM BCG, DD fixed rear sight and a DSA complete lower would be what I would do right now. Price it out, you will have plenty left over.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that would be the least expensive option. Ill probably go that direction, but does anyone else have any other opinions?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Spikes Tactical has some really nice rifles that are very reasonable, check them out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
BCM Middy complete rifle or BCM Middy upper on an LMT complete lower w/SOPMOD Stock.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BCM Middy complete rifle or BCM Middy upper on an LMT complete lower w/SOPMOD Stock.

I tend to agree with the above. Get a BCM Middy upper with their bcg. Maybe one of their gunfighter charging handles as they are pretty nice. For the lower either order a bravo company lower or get either an lmt or smith and wesson complete lower.

If you are a lefty like me then maybe one of those kac complete lowers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]
for the money and the same quality go with spikes
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
My RRA entry tac is much more accurate thean my BCM 20in.

I like RRA yes they only do H bar profile as a standard option any other profile is special order, but they make great accurate ARs
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

for the money and the same quality go with spikes

And we're off!

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
ok what kind of shooting do you need it for?.    You could get yourself a nice rifle with rails for about 1500 and then get some nice optics.   but if you are looking for a top teir rifle.  Noveske, Larue,  and Knights Armamnet are the 3 I would look at.  If you want a Gas Piston Gun then LWRC is a good choice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=63_64&products_id=384

Get that, there is a 50$ off coupon code right now. That will save you 125$ and you basically get the same thing as a 16'' BCM M4 upper. I have a 14.5'' BCM and I couldn't pass up that deal on the spike's....that is a steal. It even comes with one of their heavy buffers.

Spike's also has a very good deal on lowers. So I would recommend getting their lower then get the stock and optics you want.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
For the money Spike's is too good of a deal to pass up right now, that'd be my vote as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#13]
For a complete rifle the Spikes LE M4 Carbine is a hard one to beat. If you want high end look at Colt 6920, or 6940, Carbines but a heck of a weapon.  I  had to decide between the Colt 6920 and the Spikes Carbine. For the cost of the Spikes I could get all the accessories I wanted. In the end I chose the Colt, but Spikes will be the next rifle in the safe. I am into mixing components yet, I am sure that will come as the disease progresses. For now I like a complete rifle from the same manufacturer. Good luck and post pics when you get it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I just finished building my first AR and have all of $1000 into everything and that includes 1000 rounds of ammo and 5 magazines.
Roggio lower 110
Stag 2h kit in the group buy section 614
5 magazines 45
1000 rounds of Tula from Cabella's $217

So for under $1000 including plinking ammo you really can't go wrong. I shot it for the first time this weekend and it shoots amazing. Lower doesn't match the upper completely but still looks very good.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top