Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 6:59:54 PM EDT
....ok first off, please forgive if this is in the wrong place and second, I searched and couldn't find this specific info.

I have a Colt LE6920 (M4, 16" chrome lined notched bbl, flash supp, coll stock...etc). I am going to go with Troy front and back BUIS and an Aimpoint ML3.

It is black from the factory and would love to have it painted with a less defineable color(s).

Some of the opearators paint jobs are very random and well done. Anyway, it will be my primary SHTF weapon and home defense so I don't want to do ANYTHING to compromise integtrity/reliability etc.

-where can I get this professionally done?
-are there any cons to having it done?
-it is painted on or powder coated etc?

any input on this matter would be much appreciated!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Lauer sells the paint and all the supplies needed to do it. They also will do it for you if you don't want to do it yourself. If I remember correctly there was a dealer somewhere in the EE giving a discount on duracoat  jobs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
....ok first off, please forgive if this is in the wrong place and second, I searched and couldn't find this specific info.

I have a Colt LE6920 (M4, 16" chrome lined notched bbl, flash supp, coll stock...etc). I am going to go with Troy front and back BUIS and an Aimpoint ML3.

It is black from the factory and would love to have it painted with a less defineable color(s).

Some of the opearators paint jobs are very random and well done. Anyway, it will be my primary SHTF weapon and home defense so I don't want to do ANYTHING to compromise integtrity/reliability etc.

Try Larsen Tactical Modifications website, great work with Dura-coat finishes.

Dr.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

[/quote

Sorry didn't see the end of your post.
Go to Larsen Tactical Modifications website, great work with Dura-coat

Dr.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you know the website for Larsen Tactical Modifications?  I did a search and came up with nothing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the info! I emailed him since I didnt see any info on that site. So is Dura-coat the only going product...or just the best?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top