Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 11:41:18 PM EDT
Ok guys easy on the ol eago LOL

I am wanting to upgrade my trigger group. I have a Colt Sporter Competation HBAR Pre-Ban (CH 071xxxx) This AR has a block obove the safty that I haven't seen before. Can you also tell me what this is for? I have to know the trigger pin size before I upgrade it. I don't know why any company ever made one of a different size and made things diffacult.

I would also wlecome any advice on Triggers. I'm considering the Jewell, RRA 2 stage, bushy isn't compatable and McCormick. The trigger doesn't have to be a two stage. I do well with the single stage Under 4 Lbs.

Thanks in Advance for your help and advice.

Semper Fi

heavy.gif
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Heart,
    I've got single stage,3 1/2# JP Enterprises trigger packages on most of my AR's. They'll install it for you if you like for a nominal fee.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a Colt Sporter Competation HBAR Pre-Ban (CH 071xxxx) This AR has a block above the safety that I haven't seen before. Can you also tell me what this is for? I have to know the trigger pin size before I upgrade it.

The block is a sear block. It was voluntarily put there by Colt to keep people from using a mil-spec auto sear or RDIAS to convert their rifle to full auto. Your rifle will have the large firecontrol pins (.170").
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks M4Madness! You Da Man! I have now ordered my new trigger and can't wait until I get it.

Semper Fi & Thanks for the help.

BTW, Can I trash the Sear Block?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BTW, Can I trash the Sear Block?

Yeah, there is NO law that says you have to keep it in there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top