Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2004 6:31:09 PM EDT
Well, cheap comparatively. Everything on this weapon was found on the EE and generally at a great price.

Anyway, here is my Tango Down Vert Grip, First Samco Light Mount, SF G-2 body, SF Z32 shock isolated bezel, Brightflashlight's pressure pad tailcap and an old assed inner tube! Works like a charm!

I am happier than a pig in shit! (Genuine Alabama Euphemism, TM.)

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That's good sh'ite right there! What'd you save, about $300?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Light is good
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
All of the light related stuff and vert grip was about $120... A bit more patience and shopping around could have trimmed a few more bucks but I am not one to delay gratification.

It works. I like it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Silly me, and I didn't think anyone from Alabama could spell "Euphemism".  Just kidding!  Don't come down here shootin' up the place.

Nice gun!  What's a Dango Down?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Silly me, and I didn't think anyone from Alabama could spell "Euphemism".  Just kidding!  Don't come down here shootin' up the place.

Nice gun!  What's a Dango Down?

1. Spell check.

2. Whoops!  LMAO!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have nearly the same setup, but I used a M2 HA bezel.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the same light setup, and I LOVE it.  All I need is a good quad-rail to replace my Fobus M33s now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Copycat! Just kidding looks great!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking good, and the EE is always a great place to find a bargain.

I'm curious as to why you put inner tube on the TD-   Did the pressure pad switch not fit the TD's groove?   I have a TD also but all my SureFires are "P" cap models.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Copycat! Just kidding looks great!

www.hunt101.com/img/140673.jpg

Nah, the questions I asked you were purely academic.  

Quoted:
Looking good, and the EE is always a great place to find a bargain.

I'm curious as to why you put inner tube on the TD-   Did the pressure pad switch not fit the TD's groove?   I have a TD also but all my SureFires are "P" cap models.  

Well, it fit inside the recess but it sure wasn't gonna stay. I assume the SF pads actually slide in better and fit securely?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool setup.  Do you not worry about the cord getting hung up on anything?  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
FiveO,
I am in the process of doing a similar project. I was wondering if you remember the inner tube diameter that you used on the tango down? Just want to save myself a little trial and error.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#13]
anyone?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actually, yes. I am gonna figure some way of securing it close to the rail panel... Perhaps some high tech duct tape if nothing else.

Quoted:
FiveO,
I am in the process of doing a similar project. I was wondering if you remember the inner tube diameter that you used on the tango down? Just want to save myself a little trial and error.
Thanks

I do not remember (it was left over from my granola fueled college mountain biking days) but the box is in the trash at home. I'll let you know. I warn you the damned thing was a BITCH to get on. You would think a mountain bike tube would be bigger but perhaps a road bike tube is thinner and more easily stretched?

Anyway I'll post it for ya.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Actually, yes. I am gonna figure some way of securing it close to the rail panel... Perhaps some high tech duct tape if nothing else.

Hint: Ranger Bands work very well for this application.  They are strips of inner tube (say from a bike) - kinda like fat thick black rubber bands.  They are secure, don't melt, can be repositions/removed at will, and don't leave a sticky residue behind.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Let there be light!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
What?  No duct tape?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Skeeter it is a 26x1.75 A/V

Thanks for the comments, all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is how I have my lights wire tucked away. A piece of rubber fuel line cut lengthwise, slid over the wire, then tucked under the rail panel. It pops right in there between the grip and the panel!

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is how I have my lights wire tucked away. A piece of rubber fuel line cut lengthwise, slid over the wire, then tucked under the rail panel. It pops right in there between the grip and the panel!

www.hunt101.com/img/150824.jpg

www.hunt101.com/img/150826.jpg

You 'da man! Gonna look into that!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I am in the process of adding a brightflashlights tape switch to my Surefire/vertical fore grip set up. I plan to run the wire inside the handgaurd.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I knew El Cheap-O, El Cheap-O was a friend of mine, and your set-ups ARE NOT El Cheap-O...

THIS IS EL CHEAP-O!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top