Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 7:47:55 AM EDT
Looking for a consensus on value of factory original preban Bushmasters IF the ban sunsets.  How will they hold their values compare to say preban FNs,Colts, HKs, etc.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
As compared to Colt or ArmaLite or____________I expect Bushmasters will hold their values just as well.

When compared to guns no longer manufactured or no longer imported I would expect all preban AR's to decrease.

Simply my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#2]
If the ban sunsets--

Preban Bushmesters will just be used ARs.  Same for preban Olys and anything else that is made in this country and doesn't have a strong collector base.

Colts will hold some of their inflated value because there's a lot of collector interest.

Unless or until sufficient US made parts are available to get around the import ban (which will not sunset) FNs & HKs should retain their value reasonably well.  Unless they start making them here, in which case they'll be used FNs and HKs.

My .02.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
sentimental value is what they will have.
GG
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Consider that brand new, otherwise identical Bushmasters will be available in pre-ban config at today's post-ban prices ($800 for most basic models).  That means "former pre-bans" will be worth less, except in a few areas like New York where they have a state version of the Federal AW laws that isn't going to go away.

-Troy
View Quote

[b]But the subjects of New York will fight hard to overturn the bullshit laws[/b]

Christ, we can't even lease a car right now do to ancient laws!....

[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
There may be a little bit of extra value as compared to `94-`04 rifles, since the prebans will likely be in AW config, but the 94-04 rifles will need a new upper/telestock.
There should be a small delay between the sunset and the demise of the 94-04 rifles, as dealers, distributors, and manufacturers clear out inventory.  During that time I expect that pre-94 rifles with matching uppers will have a little higher value than 94-04 rifles, since the owner would need to refit the features or swap out uppers.  Similiar to how shorty Prebans command higher prices than a 20" preban plus the cost of a new upper.

So, for a while, I'd expect the prebans to be worth more than postbans, but only by the cost of a new preban upper minus the sale value of the old postban upper.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Slim chance, but you might be able to get a few extra bucks for the "rare preban purple variants" that aren't made any more.   There are purple Cadillacs getting sold, so there's definetely a client base out there. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Pre-bans will probably continue to sell quite high at gun shows, since most of the lying sack of sh*t merchants will convince unsuspecting individuals that the ban is on its way back and having a pre-ban is the only way to insure you won't lose your AR next time a democrat is in office.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:17:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I base my observation on the number of 20" prebans I see selling for less than $1500, more like $1100, and the number of shorty prebans I see selling for >$2000.  I guess some people won't go to the trouble of swapping uppers.  More for me :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top