Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 7:18:16 PM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

I have a 37mm AR mounted flare launcher that I used to bring out with me on my boat.

After my daughter was born in 1998 I sold the boat and no longer need a flare launcher. I was thinking about donating it to my father's PD for his troops to use as a gas gun.

My question is, is a 37mm flare launcher compatible with 37mm gas canisters? It is currently in storage and I can't remember the brand name, otherwise I'd try to find some sort of reference materials online.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The 37mm flare launchers, as I have heard, cannot handle the gas canisters safely, as there is the potential for a KaBoom.  One is only supposed to use flares, or maybe smoke 'bombs' from the 37mm flare launchers made for ARs.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
In Bushmasters catolog it spacificaly states that you can't use gas canisters in it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In Bushmasters catolog it spacificaly states that you can't use gas canisters in it.
View Quote

Yes, in fact I saw that one earlier tonight.

I wish I had the launcher here because the version I have isn't the same as the Bushy version. It came with the hardware and handguard for AR mounting, but it also came with a seperate buttstock to be used as a standalone unit.

This weekend I'll head over to the storage unit and dig it out. Knowing the brand name would probably help immensely.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps Bushmaster is talking about only that specific launcer.

I know for a fact that they sell 37mm gas canisters, and I'm pretty sure they make compatiable launchers for them.
Check out this site for more info:

[url]http://37mm.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top