Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 5:40:26 PM EDT
What do you like for folding rear sights and why?  Look for any and all input you can share, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#1]
ARMS #38 rail with sight.  I like it, but it is not adjustable for elevation, nor can it co-witness with an EOTec.  If co-witnessing is not a priority, then the #38 is very nice.  However, I wanted it to co-witness.  The ARMS#40 I like a lot better but it also is not adjustable for elevation.  No matter, the front sight is.  And, the #40 will co-witness with no trouble.  I do not like the factory rear aperture with the "horizontal" line on the long-range aperture; with my eyes, the aperture gets lost with the top half of the sight missing.  While the #40 is available with the standard A2 aperture, #40A, the #38 is not so far as I am aware.  On both the 38 and 40 I switched them over to the standard A2 aperture which only takes a minute.  I also like the way the fold down out of the way and are spring loaded so they cannot be folded down accidentally yet spring up immediately.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with the ARMS#40 also, mainly because I wanted to co-witness my EOTech. I have been happy with it so far, and will probably buy another one in the future.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The Knight folding rear sight is very sturdy and co-witmesses with most electronics.

The GG&G MAD is brilliant. I'll be getting one soon.

Luck,

SD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top