Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2019 12:47:08 PM EDT
I have built a MK12 clone using a Centurion MK12 barrel. It’s a 1-7 twist 18” barrel.

I have been shooting 77gr MK out of it with sub-MOA results. No issues at all. The barrel is great.

Now I have a plan on trying out a new White Oak Match side charging handle upper with the MK12 Centurion barrel. Using a Sinclair single round feeding adapter.

With single hand fed ammo, what would be a suggested ammo for this. My thoughts are 80gr or 90gr. Has anyone done this or any input on max off the shelf loaded ammo for this project?

I’m not trying to build a bolt gun but to see if there is an opportunity to get more out of the MK12 barrel from a heavier load than the recommended MK262 ammo.

Thanks ahead
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 2:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
HSM is the only one I see with a current listing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:00:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGH456E] [#2]
I don’t think you can find a 80 or 90 FACTORY load for the 223, except the HSM already noted.
I thought these were both hand loaded only otherwise.........
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top