Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2017 7:31:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ligers_r_cool]
Anyone using a ballistics MOA/MIL calculator app on their phone?

Any suggestions on which to use and why?

I'll mostly be shooting 100-500 meters

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bailagent100] [#1]
Strelok Pro works well for me out to 600 yards on our range in Chaffee County.  I like the graphics and that it has my scope's reticle programed in it.  Allows me to dial up w/the turrets or use it's calculated holdover.  The Pro version was about ten bucks, IIRC.  That's a very fair price.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:35:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#2]
I like Shooter over Strelok because I think it is easier/faster to change inputs/loads/rifles.

Either will output the same results so either will work. If you have a use for reticles for holds then Strelok is the best choice.

If you ever plan on shooting into transonic distances then AB Mobile is the one to get because you can use custom drag curves. Shooting shorter distances where the bullet stays above 1350fps then G7 BCs will work fine so the custom curves are a waste.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to use Strelok Pro for the reticle holds, but I found that it sucks up personal information like a fat chick on a milkshake

I just use Applied Ballistics now
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Applied ballistics.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the one I make, ballisticXLR (ballisticxlr.com) which is completely free and is supported for free. Runs in Microsoft Excel.

I also use Knights Armament BulletFlight-M and a bunch of others. KAC BF-M and mine are very easy to use, uncomplicated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
I use the one I make, ballisticXLR (ballisticxlr.com) which is completely free and is supported for free. Runs in Microsoft Excel.

I also use Knights Armament BulletFlight-M and a bunch of others. KAC BF-M and mine are very easy to use, uncomplicated.
View Quote
And this! Been using the PRS version for awhile now and it's fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:54:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#7]
Ballistic AE has been working for me. It too allows the import of reticles. I also have iSnipe but haven't used it a great deal. It's pretty simple and quick to use.

If I shot a lot more, I'd be looking into the new Sig outfit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a good basic one for Iphone called Bullet Drop.  Let's you change from MOA/MIL and is very intuitive to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top