Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2021 5:27:09 PM EDT
For those who are looking for a decent shooting tri pod at a reasonable price point, here is one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KMPCVMH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aluminum version - $139
Carbon fiber - $210

I opted for the alum version since it is only 1 lb heavier than the carbon fiber, and most of its usage will be limited to short distances from my truck.   The positives so far are the construction and included a gripper/clamping head for use with any rifle rather than a specific attachment.  Negative is the lack of side-to-side tilt, only up/down and horizontal panning, but I knew about it (no ball head) and not a deal breaker for me.  BTW it is heavy, 8.5 lbs for the aluminum version.

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like mine
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Mines even better now that I got the “full ball head kit” over from that thread on the hide.

Great upgrade!  

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Donut777donut:
Mines even better now that I got the “full ball head kit” over from that thread on the hide.

Great upgrade!  

https://i.imgur.com/lhmJlf2.jpg
View Quote

How do you like the ball head upgrade? Was it easy to swap out?  I've not looked at the tripod in detail to see.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bravo5two:

How do you like the ball head upgrade? Was it easy to swap out?  I've not looked at the tripod in detail to see.
View Quote

It was one bolt and super easy.

I like it, definitely worth it!
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Oddly enough, I ordered one just yesterday.  Glad to see folks are enjoy theirs.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SideSalad:
Oddly enough, I ordered one just yesterday.  Glad to see folks are enjoy theirs.
View Quote

Death-grip tripod or the ballhead kit?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 4:50:38 AM EDT
[#7]
They’re $129.99 right now at Amazon.

I know that because I had Cabela’s match that price.  Coupled with points and a gift card I got mine for $12.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Donut777donut:

Great upgrade!  

https://i.imgur.com/lhmJlf2.jpg
View Quote

Link for the kit?  

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jhoyda1:
They’re $129.99 right now at Amazon.

I know that because I had Cabela’s match that price.  Coupled with points and a gift card I got mine for $12.
View Quote

Thanks. I will go to sportsman’s warehouse when I get back in town and get them to price match the one on Amazon.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 7:11:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bravo5two] [#10]
Originally Posted By MG66:

Link for the kit?  
View Quote

I just ordered one - Cavix H36A Ball Head

Update on the tripod - I've been using it for a year now with many trips to the desert and it has been a good workhorse.  From sitting, kneeling, standing, and anywhere in between, it provided me with the support I need for shooting long range.  Haven't found the need for a ball head, but at the small price of $30, it would be just icing on the cake.

Here is my quasi M16A1 - Shooting at B/C zone steel 300 yds out on a tripod is almost cheating

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MG66:

Link for the kit?  

View Quote

Here’s the thread.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Donut777donut] [#12]
Originally Posted By bravo5two:

I just ordered one - Cavix H36A Ball Head

Update on the tripod - I've been using it for a year now with many trips to the desert and it has been a good workhorse.  From sitting, kneeling, standing, and anywhere in between, it provided me with the support I need for shooting long range.  Haven't found the need for a ball head, but at the small price of $30, it would be just icing on the cake.

Here is my quasi M16A1 - Shooting at B/C zone steel 300 yds out on a tripod is almost cheating

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27381/BogDeathgrip_jpg-2445319.JPG
View Quote

That link is just the ball-head for $30.
The rest of the kit without the ball-head is $55. (Or $110 for the “full kit” ball-head included). So it’s a better deal to order the ball-head separate from the kit, saves $25. Link to thread about the kit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:52:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pavelow16478] [#13]
The BOG is a great option if you want to run a saddle.  There are better options for ever so slightly more that get you into an arguably better tripod and ballhead setup.

https://slikusa.com/products/pro-700dx-amt-leg-set-only

$119, also available on Amazon for the same price and Prime shipping.

Plenty of $20-30 ballheads on Amazon.  So $140-150 gets you into a tripod with a ballhead that will accept ARCA plates.  Much better value in my opinion and it's less money than a BOG and the conversion.

I've run the Shadowtech version of the Slik for two full seasons of predator hunting and it's worked great and held up well!  Recently upgraded to a Two Vets though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top