Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2021 8:13:58 PM EDT
I was talking to a friend who lost the programming cable to connect a Barrett BORS unit to a PC.  I have one that we're trying to duplicate if we can't find one.  

It is a round, 8 pin data plug about .261 diameter with a threaded sleeve over it.  The other end is a USB A plug.  There is a number on the USB end 66998 REV A.  My searches have come up empty.  He has had no luck and Barrett no longer supports the BORS system.  They were of no help to him in finding a replacement.

Can anyone point me in a direction?  I have looked at Digikey to identify the connector but have not found it.  With the right connector we can build our own cable.

We appreciate any help.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Surely Barrett can hook you up with some specs?
Plenty of guys out there can build you one if you get the specs.
The radio and vintage aircraft guys can build anything.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would look at https://www.amphenol-aerospace.com as they make lots of the connectors used on military equipment.  

Tom
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking now.  Thanks Tom.  

Barrett told my friend no help anymore.

I'll come up with something for him....
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
That usb connector looks rather big. Sort of like those cables that have a chip built into the connector that converts the signal to serial. Is this a possibility?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking for one as well. When Barrett still sold them service was excellent. Not sure if they let the aoftqare/BORS guy go but now they are no help.and won't even respond to additional email requesting information.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aussie_E] [#6]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:10:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bullz-aye] [#7]
Direct OEM replacement for Original Barrett P/N 66998 Rev A Data Link Cable available here.

https://www.unretail.com/image/cache/catalog/product-img/calfabco/BORS_DATA_LINK/BORS_DLC_2_66998_1200-600x332.png

Link Posted: 9/23/2023 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone has a copy of BBS software Version 1.x, can you please post a copy or a link. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#9]
We are now in possession of BBS V1.0.  It was offered up by a very generous user on another forum.  Ping me if you need a copy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top