Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 4:21:31 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting out of the bolt action game and swap into the Larue  Predatobr 7.62.  my current gun range is 600 yards max.

What kind of accuracy can I expect out of a Larue or lmt gas gun?  Sub-Moa?  

And before anyone ask yes I can shoot a sub-Moa, I have numerous .5 groups with my current rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the La Rue is an excellent choice, I have had very good success with many of their products.  I have wanted an OBR for years (the waiting list has kept it from happening), I have a NEMO 300 WM and have had a couple of .308 DPMS guns one with a heavy barrel that I had cut to 20 in and fluted which was sub moa.  I think under artic conditions I might trust a bolt gun or lever gun more than a semi auto but any other situation I believe the semi auto would be an advantage. That said everything depends on what your application is so  .308 is a great all around cartridge..... BUT - it is certainly not a 416 Rigby dangerous game gun and its not a 22-250 varmit gun or a .22 squirrel rifle.  The M1 Garand and  M14  often being 2 moa guns were still quite effective in the real world where soldiers under extreme stress forget about the wind drift and dont range find the distance accurately.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The application of this gun would be silhouettes and paper targets out to 600. I have a 300 WM for hunting purposes.  Of course I could always use my AR the bang steel out to five or 600 yards.

It's getting hard to justify keeping my 4K Percision bolt gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
260 PredatOBR Pron

Just added a Gen 3 PRS.  It took a little work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:43:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UnknownPatriot] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By akethan:
260 PredatOBR Pron

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14209/260ptOBR-264197.jpg

Just added a Gen 3 PRS.  It took a little work.
View Quote
I had to put on the magpul mil spec tube because of that tiny bit of metal on the LT receiver extension.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 5:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyhorse26] [#5]
I think a PredatOBR is a great place to start!

I ran one suppressed at 600 yards and its a great tool to work with and learn.  The quality cant be beat.

If you get an urge for another caliber later on, LaRue makes ultimate uppers in other calibers such as .260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmoor.

Put sdome good glass on it and get a bunch of FGMM and you are ready to go!

My test target with my rifle was sub-moa and i can replicate with FGMM or my reloaded clones if i do my part.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine.  I think I've had only one jam and it was the first shot at the range after not cleaning it for a long time...

175gr FGMM shoots really well through it. I bought this gun over others because I was looking forward to new calibers becoming available.  I'm a 6.5creed guy but everyones got to have a .308 

The way I have it currently rigged it's very heavy.  But put the Larue Rat stock back on and take the suppressor off and I'm ready to run around with it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Only 600m?  tOBR in 5.56 will do just fine.  At 770 my tOBR is boringly repeatable on a propane bottle with 168's.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JonLSU] [#8]
I have the fde predatar  heavy 762 and took it out to 1k in a precision course at Rifles Only.  It shot under moa and I had no problems hitting out to 1k with a 16in barrel with a suppressor attached.  

It's an awesome gun.  Have a 6.5 creedmoor barrel coming soon for it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:17:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mettee] [#9]
If your gonna do it, go 260/6.5creed(added to avoid the creed drama) . Unless you absolutely want 308.

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mettee:
If your gonna do it, go 260/6.5creed(added to avoid the creed drama) . Unless you absolutely want 308.

http://i.imgur.com/nbePuO7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7XME2ew.jpg
View Quote
your group was better than that.  
measure from center to center
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mettee:

http://i.imgur.com/nbePuO7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7XME2ew.jpg
View Quote
OR! Buy mine, it has a 22" .260 barrel and 18" 7.62 barrel.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:59:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Regency:
I love mine.  I think I've had only one jam and it was the first shot at the range after not cleaning it for a long time...

175gr FGMM shoots really well through it. I bought this gun over others because I was looking forward to new calibers becoming available.  I'm a 6.5creed guy but everyones got to have a .308 

The way I have it currently rigged it's very heavy.  But put the Larue Rat stock back on and take the suppressor off and I'm ready to run around with it.

https://i.imgur.com/rSuaDDh.jpg
View Quote
What case is that?  I've been looking for a longer case and can't find any.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By azmp5:

What case is that?  I've been looking for a longer case and can't find any.
View Quote
Larue sells it, mine barely fits 
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Alpinist:

your group was better than that.  
measure from center to center
View Quote
yes of course, but its measured to show for certain that it is what it is. If i get picky and measure the exact edge, instead of measuring to the outside I get .560.

.560-.264= .296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top