Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2021 9:54:43 AM EDT
Hunting 99%

Looking for accuracy in two calibers:  243 and 308.  For the 308, lookimg at the DBM wood model.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My good friend had a BAR in 300 win mag. I think he had it for about a year before he sold it. I’m not sure why he did. His was a beautiful looking gun, but looks don’t put meat on the table.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
If you’re going to put less than a box of shells a year through it I say go for it. But if you’re going to use it a lot as a truck gun or varmint rifle. I would give it a hard pass. It’s not short and light weight enough to make a really good hunting rifle in my book. But if the looks appeal to you and you don’t mind the weight go for it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
They’re a pretty solid proven platform. They are heavy. Most of the ones I’ve run into were magnums and never really heard of big complaints. They’ve been building the thing over half a century at this point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top