Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 8:35:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chuck25]
The other day I emailed remingtinton.
I have several 783 rifles from them my 308 and 270 are incredible accurate.  The 270 will thoot a 3 shot group repeatedly. Opens up a little at 5  shots but consistantly holds .7 moa.

The email asked about a 6.5 creedmore 783
Here is the email.

Good afternoon,

My name is chuck 25.  My family and myself have really enjoyed our model 783's in 308 and 270.

I would like your company to consider a 783 model in 6.5 Creedmore.  Your model 783 is the perfect budget hunter. I have 3.  My hunting buddies and I would love to see one in 6.5, as well as my smallest son he is a little recoil sensitive.

Please consider this if you have not already.

Sincerly 

Chuck 25

Remington Customer.

Here is Remingtons response.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your observation but I do not believe we will offer the caliber in any budget firearm. I will give them your suggestion.

Thank you

Thank you and best regards,
Remington Customer Services

I guess Savage or Ruger will be getting my buisness.

Sad thing is, out of the box, my 783's have had better trigers, stocks and have shot better groups then my 700 sps.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If it makes you feel better, I am pretty certain that individual wouldn't know if they were going to make them until the website was updated.

It's a big cumbersome company. If savage / mossberg / tc etc come out with budget creedmoors rem will follow in short order. Rem copied the shockwave in record time.

I'm more concerned that modern machining and the current market are making it a sub moa race to the bottom.

They are all trying to undercut each other on the budget hunting rifle when they would proabaly make better margins coming out with 10 stock options and aftermarket stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top