Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 5:06:52 PM EDT
So i like many others on the forum am in the market a 223 trainer.

Anyone have any experience with remingtons ltr's? I thought about going with nwactions builds. But figured this could save me some money if it preformed. I could just eat ramen for a a few months and buy a surgeon lol jk
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:28:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Just save yourself some time and money spent on modding the Remington and buy a Tikka.  You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:25:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cruze5] [#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to get a 223 "trainer" get something with a fast enough twist to spin 75s or 80s,  you're just wasting your time and money otherwise.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep coming back to remington because of how easy i can get stocks and triggers. Im really  tempted to get a complete build from northwest action works for a pmr tac in a magpul hunter stock and 1/8 twist...
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mrindecisive:
I keep coming back to remington because of how easy i can get stocks and triggers. Im really  tempted to get a complete build from northwest action works for a pmr tac in a magpul hunter stock and 1/8 twist...
View Quote
I've never herd of these guys up until recently and have seen a few post on them in the past few days.  They don't seem any faster or less expensive than other shops out there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The Tikkas are nice and Mcmillian makes stocks for 'em.  

My 223 is a Rem 700.  I shoot a lot of 69s with the 1/9", it's a laser, but I have a 1/8" Pac-Nor getting ready.  

By the time I'm done, it's gonna be a $3K plinker with a $2300 scope.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top