Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 9:10:47 PM EDT
Recently picked up a CZ 457 Pro Varmint. I'm mounting a Vortex Razor LH HD 3-15x42.

Bought it kind of on a whim, picked it up at a LGS and liked it a lot. I didn't have any rings I could use on it at the ready. I'd have to remove a scope from a 452 and didn't want to do that. In looking at mounting options, I came across the Area 419 Picatinny rail adapter with integrated level. I kind of liked the idea of going this route, ordered one in. While I was waiting for it to arrive I came across some 11mm med 1" rings and mounted the scope just to get a feel for it. Got the Area 419 rail in today, and no longer sure I need it.

I've never done much of the type of shooting where I would need a riser. Rarely shoot my rimfire rifles past 75-100 yards. I've shot a couple informal matches at local clubs that went out to 200 yards, but it's been about ten years since I've done that. Recently learned a local club holds NRL22 matches though, and thinking about trying one out.

The med rings get the scope objective just barely off the barrel, maybe a 1-2 tenths of an inch. Using the Area 419 rail (15MOA), even with low rings the scope is going to be higher than it is now. I don't feel like I really need the rail anymore; though I do find the integrated bubble level appealing. I also kind of like the idea of being able to quick attach/release different optics on the Picatinny rail, though I'm not sure how much I'd really do that. I know the manufacturers of those mounts claim a very good return to zero, but it just seems hard to believe it could be as good as a solid mount.

So bottom line, do you guys think it would be worth while to use the Area 419 rail or just stick with the way I have it mounted now?

Thanks

Rifle:

Rail:

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top