Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2019 9:34:50 PM EDT
I'm fairly frustrated with the stock to more I use it.... The Mlock rail on the bottom wastes so much room if you have a sling and bipod mount on it. I took it coyote hunting last weekend and was taking shots off of a log ( I could sit comfortably and steady), and I literally had the rifle centered on the log, the rifle's floorplate was sitting on lof, not the nice and square fore end that grayboe brags about.... Is there any sort of a cantilever mount that I can shove everything forward? A sling mount/Bipod mount literally wastes 8 inches out of a 12 inch forened.....

They waste 2 inches from the end of the stock to where the rail begins.. CAn I fill the mlock sections and bed in an insert to screw 2 studs into?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
side mount it. Usually on a bolt gun a flush mount qd point is used not on like you have on.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Mount the sling to the bipod, should save you a couple of inches.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eblack] [#3]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eblack:
side mount it. Usually on a bolt gun a flush mount qd point is used not on like you have on.
View Quote
Do you have a link to a flush QD mount? Im guessing I'll have to abandon the 07 shooting sling?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:41:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InternationalM] [#5]
Originally Posted By rocky59:
Mount the sling to the bipod, should save you a couple of inches.
View Quote
How well does it ride like that? I guess it would be something to try Thanks for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By InternationalM:

Dow well does it ride like that? I guess it would be something to try Thanks for the suggestion.
View Quote
I use mine like that, haven't had a problem with it. I have the atlas pic rail on my manners much like your front rail and I can shoot off sticks, the bipod, a rest, etc. without any hinderance. I think the sling being set so far back on that rail is causing 99% of your issue with the stock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:59:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InternationalM] [#8]
Originally Posted By rocky59:
I use mine like that, haven't had a problem with it. I have the atlas pic rail on my manners much like your front rail and I can shoot off sticks, the bipod, a rest, etc. without any hinderance. I think the sling being set so far back on that rail is causing 99% of your issue with the stock.
View Quote
its that damn swivel lol, I'll give it a try. I think I should have gotten the H&S or maybe the renegade.

ETA... Damn phone and fat thumbs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By InternationalM:

its that damn swivel lol, I'll give it a try. I think I should have gotten the H&S or maybe the renegade.

ETA... Damn phone and fat thumbs.
View Quote
Well you could always get a pic rail that's M-lok, and mount the bipod more forward.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top