Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2022 5:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod]
I like it! 4 shots in 10-20 mph winds. Norma on the left and 143 Eldx out of the LaRue Creedmore on right. Forgot to mention, 600 yard target.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Magnums are fun if you have the range to shoot them and money to feed them. Anything under 1000 yards is a waste for them. I sold my 300WM back around 2013 as I wasn't using it. Used it in certain matches up until then but was just sitting in safe. Then got the magnum bug again in 2018 and got a 7mmRM. Shot it to a mile and a match with it once and it sat in safe and I sold it last year. No more magnums for me.
View Quote

We have the ability to shoot out to 1,600 yds on our property. It’s only 10 minutes from the house so I might use it often when I can afford to feed it. Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it! I will probably end up with a 300 PRC.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SpeyRod:

We have the ability to shoot out to 1,600 yds on our property. It’s only 10 minutes from the house so I might use it often when I can afford to feed it. Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it! I will probably end up with a 300 PRC.
View Quote

If you are going to do a bigger 30 cal down the road..do yourself a favor and really look at all of them, especially what the results are for ELR with the highest BC bullets.........Would suck to spend a bunch of time/money and end up with a new cartridge that doesn't do anything your 300wm doesn't already do with the high BC bullets/loads.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

If you are going to do a bigger 30 cal down the road..do yourself a favor and really look at all of them, especially what the results are for ELR with the highest BC bullets.........Would suck to spend a bunch of time/money and end up with a new cartridge that doesn't do anything your 300wm doesn't already do with the high BC bullets/loads.....
View Quote

Roger that! Buddy is bringing his wm out to the property Monday for some testing. But to him “long range” is 800 yards. I’ll set his target up at 800 and mine at 1,000.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Roger that! Buddy is bringing his wm out to the property Monday for some testing. But to him “long range” is 800 yards. I’ll set his target up at 800 and mine at 1,000.
View Quote

I have a friend who has more money than sense, and he decided a few years back he had to beat my rifle..and he has gone down a deep hole trying different cartridges...Thankfully my original choice was a great choice..who knew..but yeah he went from 300wm to the 300prc and was badly disappointed..the wm handles the heavies better than the prc, and both are a long way from heavies in a rum..The newest rifle he has, the 300 norma..comes close, it runs well for what it is... I keep telling him to go buy the 30-378 Weatherby and he can easily out class my rifle...but he hasn't yet...His 338LM is pretty equal as well, but thats stepping up to a 338...I just laugh at him, I shoot for fun in case I need to make a longer shot when hunting, but he has gotten all competitive so we have a good laugh at him...
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

I have a friend who has more money than sense, and he decided a few years back he had to beat my rifle..and he has gone down a deep hole trying different cartridges...Thankfully my original choice was a great choice..who knew..but yeah he went from 300wm to the 300prc and was badly disappointed..the wm handles the heavies better than the prc, and both are a long way from heavies in a rum..The newest rifle he has, the 300 norma..comes close, it runs well for what it is... I keep telling him to go buy the 30-378 Weatherby and he can easily out class my rifle...but he hasn't yet...His 338LM is pretty equal as well, but thats stepping up to a 338...I just laugh at him, I shoot for fun in case I need to make a longer shot when hunting, but he has gotten all competitive so we have a good laugh at him...
View Quote

Just let him shoot yours. If he can out shoot you with it he knows where to go for his next rifle!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Just let him shoot yours. If he can out shoot you with it he knows where to go for his next rifle!
View Quote

I did, thats what got him started with a better cartridge/rifle....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top